Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2012, 02:02 PM

13 posts, read 40,124 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am a Japanese, who is to be relocated to US and start a new career in the middle of the long island next month. I am pretty interested in living the Hauppauge and Central Islip area. As I cannot fly there to do apt hunting in person, I wish nice long islanders whoever is familiar with the region could give me some suggestions.

So far I found three apartments.

Fairfield - best maintained, but no vacancy so far and they put me on waiting list
Devonshire Hills - All online reviews are bad, but they have nice pictures on internet.
Hawthorne Court - mixed reviews, but from the internet pictures, their carpet looks old and dirty, the buildings look really old.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 02:08 PM

3,473 posts, read 5,662,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius6 View Post
Hi, I am a Japanese, who is to be relocated to US and start a new career in the middle of the long island next month. I am pretty interested in living the Hauppauge and Central Islip area. As I cannot fly there to do apt hunting in person, I wish nice long islanders whoever is familiar with the region could give me some suggestions.

So far I found three apartments.

Fairfield - best maintained, but no vacancy so far and they put me on waiting list
Devonshire Hills - All online reviews are bad, but they have nice pictures on internet.
Hawthorne Court - mixed reviews, but from the internet pictures, their carpet looks old and dirty, the buildings look really old.

Thanks

Why Central Islip? Its not exactly the prime spot of LI.

What is your budget? Where are you working?

Old 10-26-2012, 02:22 PM

I need to work at Holtsville, but I want to be close to the city as close as possible.
I am a city person.
My budget is 1400$ for one-bedroom.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:25 PM

3,473 posts, read 5,662,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius6 View Post
I need to work at Holtsville, but I want to be close to the city as close as possible.
I am a city person.
My budget is 1400$ for one-bedroom.
There are pleanty of apartments in much better areas if you work in Holtsville. Avoid Central Islip.

You can live in Holtsville, Holbrook, Ronkonkoma, Sayville, Oakdale.

These areas all have apartment complexes and are near the LIRR for the city.

Try the Heatherwood communities.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:31 PM

Thanks for your suggestions.

How about this one? Fairfield at Bohemia

721 Greenbriar Drive • Bohemia, NY 11716

Fairfield looks like a relatively trustworthy Real-state company? Am I right? At from their website things seem so

Old 10-26-2012, 02:33 PM

12,769 posts, read 18,304,518 times
Yeah dont move to central islip... It's a bad area.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:35 PM

Thanks. So I have only two choice left

Hauppauge is a good town? How is Devonshire hill, anybody ever lived there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island