Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 04:28 PM

4 posts, read 5,692 times

Advertisements

MTA accross the street and a railroad crossing 3 houses down. Still no power but I'm not complaining as there are many people who are less fortunate. However I do hope they don't run any trains thru here until they get the power up as that would likely lead to one hell of a train wreck litteally. I also want to say I am envious of all who still have power > here's hoping Thursday will be lucky but I'm not holding my breath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 05:11 PM

4 posts, read 5,692 times
Just an update. My fiancé just got power between 4-5pm today in holtzville so I have some relief. Still no power at my house. From the looks of it the MTA is still down using generators i think tho and the giant water tower is black and the railroad crossing is still not powered I bet. Might be spending alot of time at my fiancé's house this weekend but will post when my Power is up in West Babylon. Stay safe all and I hope those who really got the worst end of this really get alot of good in the future because they deserve relief and good fortune after surviving the worst of times.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:13 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Still no power BUT we have gone from being a parr of a large area outage to a local area outage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-02-2012, 06:24 PM

294 posts, read 743,886 times
Bellmore here, just south of Merrick Road, still no power. Yet neighbor across the way has it as well as neighbors 2 doors north. Everyone south of me is out.

It's frustrating to hear all of my friends and relatives all over the Island who either never lost power, or already have regained power! They offer me to come to their homes but with the crazy gas lines I'm afraid to burn any gas, not to mention trying to drive with traffic lights being out! I'm handling it better than most I think, preparation and mental attitude is the key.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:39 AM

43,669 posts, read 44,406,521 times
According to NBC, 400,000 LIPA customers are still out of power this morning.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:49 AM

2,202 posts, read 4,329,322 times
Was pleasantly surprised to be without power only from 4:00PM Monday to 12:15AM Thursday in Nesconset, Town of Smithtown. It seems St.James and Stony Brook had the worst damage to power lines in this area. LIPA announced St.James is one community that may be out past this coming Wed.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:59 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGuy1202 View Post
Was pleasantly surprised to be without power only from 4:00PM Monday to 12:15AM Thursday in Nesconset, Town of Smithtown. It seems St.James and Stony Brook had the worst damage to power lines in this area. LIPA announced St.James is one community that may be out past this coming Wed.
Yesterday afternoon there were still plenty of downed trees in wires in Stony Brook. There was a substations fire to add to the problem here. As of this morning, Stony Brook Village has power in a few spots. The alphabet sections have been coming online over the past day.

I'm still without power. LIPA pole at end of street is broken in half and everything is down. At least the tree that damaged it is gone.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:39 AM

22,671 posts, read 36,804,509 times
My ILs in Garden City are still without power. They did lose a ton of trees there on the street sides but most power lines run thru the backyards...hopefully that will help once they get there.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:40 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,058,271 times
Lost power on Monday at 4 and got it back this morning at 7. Obviously I am very happy (though not as happy as my kids) but it is definitely a hollow kind of happiness as I feel horrible for those who still have no power and even worse for those who lost more than their power. I hope anyone reading this without power gets it on ASAP.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:03 AM

9,933 posts, read 23,158,205 times
No power since Monday afternoon

My street looks like a war zone! Good thing it's a wide street, because one side is lined with downed trees not just from my property but most of my neighbors, so there's still enough room for one car to get by...

Glad I wasn't in my house when the trees fell on it, or I would have been trapped - trees blocked everything - still haven't been inside, but hope to get in tomorrow. Wonder what I'm going to find, since a branch of one of the monster trees on my house went through the roof, the dormers appear damaged (windows broken too) and the chimney is shorter...

On the other hand, there are many people who have it worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island