Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 02:15 PM

403 posts, read 867,583 times

Advertisements

When we rented & had power outages our LL never gave us a cut nor did they help in anyway to make it more comfortable for us. I would tell her she always has the option to move,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 02:41 PM

739 posts, read 1,848,312 times
Maybe you could tell her that if you are refunded or given credit from ConEd for the length of the power outage that you'll give her a reasonable percentage of the amount.
You can't give what you don't have. If ConEd isn't reimbursing people for services lost, then you don't have the moolah to give her anything.
It might also be good for her to know what you are paying to run the generator. Ask if she'd like to contribute to the cost of gasoline or wait in a line for a refill.
It could be she just doesn't understand how it is. Tell her. How it is.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:27 PM

863 posts, read 2,108,099 times
Default Racist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
What Latin American country has she come from? Perhaps she's been amazed by indoor plumbing, or heard those stories about the streets of America being paved with gold. It could be that your neighbor is among a crowd of people who wrongfully believe that the world owes them a living. You could have and-fed her with kindness and courtesy but somehow she feels more entitled, a typical foreign parasite who comes to America to suckle upon our benevolence, to claim those benefits which they have not earned. Sure, we can have compassion for our fellow citizens, but just as easily, we can fall victim to the bedbugs of eternal grubbing, those select few who would be hard pressede to wipe their own fannies after taking a monster dump. We miss our internet, toutchy bastards that we are, but your tenant wants more than you can deliver, an unreasonable point of view. Search out your internet friends and be firm in the fact that you have done your part, that there will always be those who are never happy, no matter how much support that you offer. Be sure in the knowledge that you have done the best that you can do at this point in time. Be sure to understand that there are people in this world who'll never be happy, no matter how hard you try to please them. Take it into your mind that they are only children in understanding, they know not what they do. Between cellphones, texting and twitter, we as people have not even been orselves. Half of me is proud of our humanity, half is sorely disappointed. I've come a long way in life, please don't let me die in a gas line.
You know i was going to call this one of the most racist piece of crap I have seen on here but after reading the rest I am convinced you were high on stupid when you posted this so you get a pass.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:04 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
If you tell her the generator goes off at 11pm, then you need to keep to your word. 10:57 is not 11:00.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:47 AM

481 posts, read 1,060,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
If you tell her the generator goes off at 11pm, then you need to keep to your word. 10:57 is not 11:00.
Didn't the OP say the generator sounded strange?
This girl needs a reality check, she doesn't know how lucky she is. I'd ask for gas money and point out the amount of gas the generator is using. This girl probably has no clue, not that it would matter, IMO. She sounds like she's got the LL wrapped around her finger. Something is wrong with younger people today. They don't want to work, they text nonstop, and have such a sense of entitlement. I see it with my 16yo and wonder what we did wrong.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:52 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
You have provided limited use of a generator, you brought candles and a flashlight, dropped the rent by $150.00 and you are treating her poorly? What the hades planet does this loser hail from? If it were me she would have been given none of the above and I would now tell her that the use of the generator has been cut off to her. She really sounds like a very selfish, immature human who is definitely all about HER and no one else.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:55 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post

Oh please, it is not that much of a difference, the renter is lucky to even have any power right now because of the situation. WAH that she did not see the last 3 minutes of commercials, she could always go find a nice expensive hotel somewhere OR she could have NO POWER like so many others and the landlord could keep the use of the generator to themselves.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:19 AM

629 posts, read 1,701,137 times
My post was crude
I'll have to remember to wear my cardigan sweater and embrace my Mr. Rogers mindset when posting.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:51 AM

7 posts, read 8,617 times
Thank's again for the responses. We did get power back last night so hopefully there will not be any more issues with this until the next power out and perhaps we will update the lease after the 6 months to mention something about power outs... never thought we would have to do that but I guess you never know.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for power to be restored
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island