Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 07:35 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,953,860 times

Advertisements

No It's true. My contract was up, renewed for two years. Price went down 25 a month and they gave me a 500 debit card. I put most of it towards a new computer.

Link http://www.buyverizon.com/verizon-bundles.aspx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 08:06 PM

6,985 posts, read 7,048,359 times
It seems that if you just want basic service as inexpensively as possible, your best bet is to stay with Cablevision and negotiate a lower price, like I did.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:13 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,426,121 times
Yes, I was able to get $20.00 of a month on my bill. My Husband had lost his job in June so when we got July's bill he called them. Since then he got another job in September but our bill was still high and since there is nothing to watch on any of the movie channels we got rid of all of them except HBO which at that time was running a promotion instead of $16.99 a month for HBO we got it for $8.99. This is for 1 year. Our bill went from $170.00 a month down to $139.00.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:42 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,764,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Yes, I was able to get $20.00 of a month on my bill. My Husband had lost his job in June so when we got July's bill he called them. Since then he got another job in September but our bill was still high and since there is nothing to watch on any of the movie channels we got rid of all of them except HBO which at that time was running a promotion instead of $16.99 a month for HBO we got it for $8.99. This is for 1 year. Our bill went from $170.00 a month down to $139.00.
Verizon was able to lower our bill from $132/mo to $119/mo after the 2-year contract expired, but CV came in at $99/mo for their triple play. Too bad I forgot to tell them about the second box, because with that and some extra taxes I've noticed, I'm paying $119/mo to CV. Of course now we get Starz, HBO and showtime, plus free DVR. None of which we really use (occassionally we watch Showtime).

The big issue with CV is, even with the 'Boost' enhancement, can't compare to the Fios internet performance.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:32 PM

400 posts, read 761,605 times
Yea I just renewed last week....

My Price went down to 104.99, from 114.99 and They included HBO, Showtime, TMC and I went to the 50/25 internet. Saved 10 bux and got some upgrades..

Old 11-20-2012, 01:05 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
No It's true. My contract was up, renewed for two years. Price went down 25 a month and they gave me a 500 debit card. I put most of it towards a new computer.

Link Verizon FiOS Bundles & Deals for Double and Triple Plays
Interesting! They didn't say anything about free debit cards when we called. We called because our service was out for 10 days due to the storm and not all service was restored at the same time. That's when they offered us the upgrade. The link says it's for new customers though. Either way, we have more and are paying less now.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:54 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,884,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tummymumma View Post
Yea I just renewed last week....

My Price went down to 104.99, from 114.99 and They included HBO, Showtime, TMC and I went to the 50/25 internet. Saved 10 bux and got some upgrades..
assume this is before taxes?

Old 11-20-2012, 03:46 PM

126 posts, read 227,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Interesting! They didn't say anything about free debit cards when we called. We called because our service was out for 10 days due to the storm and not all service was restored at the same time. That's when they offered us the upgrade. The link says it's for new customers though. Either way, we have more and are paying less now.
They offered me a debit card, but they had a similar package with a lower monthly price..the savings added up to more than the debit card over 2 years...watch out for that...

Old 11-20-2012, 04:11 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Brewster View Post
They offered me a debit card, but they had a similar package with a lower monthly price..the savings added up to more than the debit card over 2 years...watch out for that...

I see. The new upgrade package is less than our other package (around $10 per month), which actually comes out to saving more than going for a certain package where they're offering the debit card. We also have 3 boxes and a 4th line so my bill is a bit higher than the average package but I still pay less with all the extra channels and Ultimate HD than before. I couldn't get this type of negotiating out of Time Warner..ever.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:20 PM

126 posts, read 227,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I see. The new upgrade package is less than our other package (around $10 per month), which actually comes out to saving more than going for a certain package where they're offering the debit card. We also have 3 boxes and a 4th line so my bill is a bit higher than the average package but I still pay less with all the extra channels and Ultimate HD than before. I couldn't get this type of negotiating out of Time Warner..ever.
I can't understand some people doing the back and forth thing between cable and Verizon. I would never go back. Ever. I admit I was dreading my promo period expiring but now I'm better off...Guess I have to sweat out another two years of zero customer service calls, zero box reboots, zero modem reboots, and I think I had one outage.

I did have a problem with one of my boxes once...didn't even have to call..I went on a live chat, waited about 2 minutes in queue, explained my problem. They sent a new one overnight with a return box no questions asked. Could not have been easier. Absolutely abhor their company...but their TV, internet, and cellular are all A1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island