U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 11-26-2012, 08:52 AM
 
2 posts, read 14,243 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Hello,

My husband and I are starting to look at houses in East Meadow. Can anyone tell me what the commute is like into Manahattan? What stations are closest to East Meadow? Is there parking?

Thanks so much!!!!!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-26-2012, 09:34 AM
 
2,570 posts, read 5,074,177 times
Reputation: 1486
Quote:
Originally Posted by annebelle2012 View Post
Hello,

My husband and I are starting to look at houses in East Meadow. Can anyone tell me what the commute is like into Manahattan? What stations are closest to East Meadow? Is there parking?

Thanks so much!!!!!
You have options. People in my office who live in East Meadow, Town of Hempstead usually opt for the Babylon live and get on in Merrick (free parking)

Lots if not most Nassau stations have permit parking for town residents.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2012, 09:40 AM
 
2 posts, read 14,243 times
Reputation: 10
Does Merrick offer a parking lot? Or, is there street parking? Thanks for your response!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2012, 09:44 AM
 
2,570 posts, read 5,074,177 times
Reputation: 1486
Quote:
Originally Posted by annebelle2012 View Post
Does Merrick offer a parking lot? Or, is there street parking? Thanks for your response!

Its street level parking lot.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2012, 10:11 AM
 
Location: NY, NY
1,219 posts, read 1,678,606 times
Reputation: 1222
I lived in East Meadow for a few months while caring for my grandmother and commuting into Midtown. It wasnt a bad commute, about 90 minutes door to door. My grandma lives closer to Levittown so I used to commute from the Bellmore station and there was parking pretty much everyday in the side lot.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2012, 01:02 PM
 
596 posts, read 950,095 times
Reputation: 635
I would shoot up Merrick Ave and use the Westbury station. Pay lot is on the south side of the tracks. There are a few express trains that skip Jamaica and NHP, Merillon Ave, Mineola. From memory, the 5:17 peak is express, first stop at Westbury and in the morning there is a train that only makes Carle Place and then is express to Penn.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2012, 01:17 PM
 
2,570 posts, read 5,074,177 times
Reputation: 1486
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR1997 View Post
I would shoot up Merrick Ave and use the Westbury station. Pay lot is on the south side of the tracks. There are a few express trains that skip Jamaica and NHP, Merillon Ave, Mineola. From memory, the 5:17 peak is express, first stop at Westbury and in the morning there is a train that only makes Carle Place and then is express to Penn.
I wouldnt do that with this near-normal schedule they are running. With all the cancellations and combined trains, the trains are packed by the time they reach Westbury.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2012, 07:35 PM
 
12,713 posts, read 17,130,053 times
Reputation: 8676
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
I lived in East Meadow for a few months while caring for my grandmother and commuting into Midtown. It wasnt a bad commute, about 90 minutes door to door. My grandma lives closer to Levittown so I used to commute from the Bellmore station and there was parking pretty much everyday in the side lot.
Bellmore requires permits now bc of ppl like the OP.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2012, 09:47 AM
 
573 posts, read 1,180,105 times
Reputation: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Bellmore requires permits now bc of ppl like the OP.
Well, not really - the permits are available to anyone who resides in the Town of Hempstead, so if OP is in East Meadow she can get a permit.

Hempstead Town Announces

Should residents of places like Levittown and East Meadow be precluded from parking at the train stations in Wantagh and Bellmore?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2012, 07:15 AM
 
12,713 posts, read 17,130,053 times
Reputation: 8676
Quote:
Originally Posted by unctorious View Post
Well, not really - the permits are available to anyone who resides in the Town of Hempstead, so if OP is in East Meadow she can get a permit.

Hempstead Town Announces

Should residents of places like Levittown and East Meadow be precluded from parking at the train stations in Wantagh and Bellmore?
No but I think Wantagh residents should take priority over others at Wantagh train station- same with Bellmore at Bellmore station etc. I think perhaps there should be a few lots designated to town residents only and they could park elsewhere as well but have out of town resident parking available but limited.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top