Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 07:24 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
"For instance, I'm a single person so I never buy in bulk (I'll never have or want a Costco card!)."

Sometimes, if they have something you really like, you might.

When I lived in California, there used to be this soda called "Clearly Canadian." I'm not sure that they ever had it here. They were these clear sodas, with various fruit flavors, that were just the best. I got a chance to go to some Costco type place out there, and I bought three cases.
My son loved Clearly Canadian. I know he would buy it in 7-11.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 07:38 AM

1,590 posts, read 1,668,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
My son loved Clearly Canadian. I know he would buy it in 7-11.
Every flavor was good except the Orange. That tasted like St. Joseph's Baby Aspirin.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Every flavor was good except the Orange. That tasted like St. Joseph's Baby Aspirin.
I was a freaky little kid who loved the taste of St Josephs lol

Never had the orange, so I 'missed out' I did have a berry flavor, forgetting which one, which I liked.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:26 PM

652 posts, read 2,265,006 times
Quote:
Those aspirin had to be taken off the market...no? they really did taste like candy.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybuildz View Post
Those aspirin had to be taken off the market...no? they really did taste like candy.
They make a St Josephs for adults to take for their hearts, but I doubt it is the same as my childhood 'drug' of choice.

There are no longer any true asprin products for babies or children.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:39 PM

Quote:
They make a St Josephs for adults to take for their hearts, but I doubt it is the same as my childhood 'drug' of choice.

Well..speaking of aspirin for the hearts and Whole Foods.
You'd think in this day and age people would get a bit more hip to eating a WHOLE lot better. I think they do to a degree but aren't sales up at Burger King and Micky D's?
When I do my very occasional trip to the Stupidmarket to pick up things Whole Food stores don't have like O'Doul's I look in peoples carts and I'm truly amazed at how ignorant people are. How they accept things that say low fat or all natural ...carts full with garbage...but a lot of it says Natural and low fat...LOL
Low fat usually means nothing cept theres a gazillion grams more of sodium and all the rest of the crap and NAtural means 1% of the food in the box is real.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:38 PM

Quote:
You'd think in this day and age people would get a bit more hip to eating a WHOLE lot better. I think they do to a degree but aren't sales up at Burger King and Micky D's?
When I do my very occasional trip to the Stupidmarket to pick up things Whole Food stores don't have like O'Doul's I look in peoples carts and I'm truly amazed at how ignorant people are. How they accept things that say low fat or all natural ...carts full with garbage...but a lot of it says Natural and low fat...LOL
Low fat usually means nothing cept theres a gazillion grams more of sodium and all the rest of the crap and NAtural means 1% of the food in the box is real.
Good segue to bring the thread back to the original topic

People should be wiser to the ill effects of poor nutrition and bad eating habits. They probably are. But in this day of popping a pill to cure what ails you, time is money, I want that yesterday, the quick fix med they see advertised takes the place of good judgement and sound food choices.

It is good to see that stores which offer better choices and greater selections of healthy foods are becoming more popular. I am looking forward to checking out Whole Foods when it opens by me.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
You would think.

News Flash: If you wanna lose weight - EAT LESS AND EXERCISE MORE.

As I've gotten older, I find that how I feel is very immediately dependent on my diet. I have yet to find a vitamin pill that replicates the charge I get out of eating a big bowl of steamed broccoli, which need not be organic.

An old gentleman who was a chemist in San Francisco, ran a lab he'd established in 1949 there, once told me:

People should not be looking to eliminate carcinogens from their environment - they should be looking to ingest anti-carcinogens.

Over a rich fat filled lunch, after which Dr. Eisenberg and I both smoked like a pair of chimmneys.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:03 PM

Quote:

Apparently there is something called Reye's Syndrome associated with aspirin. It never did me any harm.

It's astounding that any of us born before 1970 survived to adulthood.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:
You would think.

News Flash: If you wanna lose weight - EAT LESS AND EXERCISE MORE.

As I've gotten older, I find that how I feel is very immediately dependent on my diet. I have yet to find a vitamin pill that replicates the charge I get out of eating a big bowl of steamed broccoli, which need not be organic.

An old gentleman who was a chemist in San Francisco, ran a lab he'd established in 1949 there, once told me:

People should not be looking to eliminate carcinogens from their environment - they should be looking to ingest anti-carcinogens.

Over a rich fat filled lunch, after which Dr. Eisenberg and I both smoked like a pair of chimmneys.

Don't know if I said it here or somewhere else but I've said it many times..
I know lots of people that eat like crap, smoke and drink, never exercise and live into old age.
Thats true...and a lot has to do with genes, some has to do with attitude, a bit has to do luck..how well they live or how much better they might have lived??...or whatever that means to them is what it means to them...simple as that...its about honesty...some claim it has to do with their spiritual beliefs but all I can do is the best that I can...do what makes ME happy and healthy, and in turn the moment I take this breath in is the moment I know my life is good..the moment I exhale is also a moment that is good and I may not get to ever inhale again..that too is fine. To me its more about the total package as we live it today in this moment and this is how I choose to live in this moment.Thats honest...simple as that.No preaching...just fact!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island