Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 05:35 PM

3 posts, read 4,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBitterness View Post
Tom is the biggest troll of them all and is really showing his true colors today. Can't imagine why anyone would want to do business with him. There are many competent agents on LI. Why someone would want to deal with such a miserable person is beyond me.
Sounds like Tom made some bad career choices. Bashing other careers on here. Stating cops and teachers are over paid. I guess he's not a successful R.E.?

Old 12-29-2012, 05:37 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,768,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan007 View Post
Sounds like Tom made some bad career choices. Bashing other careers on here. Stating cops and teachers are over paid. I guess he's not a successful R.E.?
You know what they say, "When all else fails, try real estate!"

Old 12-29-2012, 05:39 PM

3 posts, read 4,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
You know what they say, "When all else fails, try real estate!"
Wow!

Old 12-29-2012, 05:43 PM

65 posts, read 133,869 times
Quote:
I'm sorry if you take my intentions the wrong way. For years I have been giving advice to people on this board regarding real estate matters, both on line and off. I really don't expect anything in return except not to be villianized. There are many good professionals here, including Elke (who is an outstanding real estate agent) and KB (who is an excellent home inspector). We don't do this to drum up business. We have much more efficient ways of doing that. Instead, we are trying to educate people. For that, we are constantly battered. I guess it would be better to hide behind an alias and take potshots all day. Actually, I happen to know of a couple of real estate agents on here who do not say who they really are who are constantly pumping up the town in which they do business. That's just the nature of this kind of forum. Peace.
This is how I look at it - I'm under no obligation to call him, but the fact that he takes time to be available on here is a benefit to me. Is there a vested interest on his part? Perhaps, but again, no obligation. If we were to meet up and I found him to be difficult to deal with, then so be it. It's no different than any other business transaction.

I work for a railroad. If given the chance, I'm going to espouse the benefits of rail over truck, because I believe it to be true and it may benefit me someday. Nothing wrong with that. We all do it - every day. Whether on purpose, in passing, or just by sheer chance, we all try to get people to see things our way...it is human nature.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAndyHolbrook View Post
Just put Tom moser into Spokeo and you will see he resides on Goodwin Pl.
I bet you know how to use Google, too! Wow!

Old 12-29-2012, 06:00 PM

886 posts, read 2,649,492 times
Quote:
I bet you know how to use Google, too! Wow!
Tommy Tommy Tommy ........ you're dog Socks is asking you to turn off the computer as you're embarrassing him.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:47 PM

22,681 posts, read 36,850,940 times
Tom, I defended you on the other thread, but let's be realistic here.

THis is (techincally) a relocation forum. No one who isn't involved in the business of relocating people is going to post their real name and occupation. There is no point. You are a real estate agent; it behooves you to be known as one AND it is allowed under the TOS AND the TOS dictates how you are to represent yourself. Let's not be silly about this.

It's well known to anyone who posts here regularly what my line of work is and I have been DM'ed to weigh in on thread where I might be of help. Everyone here knows what OBH, BigMike50 and other members do (or did) for a living. None of it has anything to do with relocation.

As far as your contention that there are real estate agents flying under the radar, if you are 100% sure of that it is YOUR responsibility to bring that to the attention of the mods. There is a guy who recently started posting on my home forum who is an RE agent and he got all of 3 posts up before a mod caught up with him. I can't think of anyone who posts here regularly who is a potential RE agent, but if you think you do - don't complain about it - do something about it.

I still like your posts and hope that you won't get sucked into a battle like this again.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:06 PM

Actually, twingles, the vast majority of posts here have nothing to do with relocation. Most have to do with complaining about this or that. That's why I have become so disenchanted with this board recently, and I guess it shows.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:08 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,060,619 times
Quote:
Actually, twingles, the vast majority of posts here have nothing to do with relocation. Most have to do with complaining about this or that. That's why I have become so disenchanted with this board recently, and I guess it shows.
Which is why she put "technically" in parenthesis.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:12 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,998,234 times
my facebook is in my profile im to lazy to right all this stuff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island