Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 03:54 PM

115 posts, read 233,272 times

Advertisements

Went to Ragazzi across from the Smithtown Mall this afternoon. My husband ordered chicken scarpiello. It was very gloppy. At one point he thought he bit into a mushroom and it turned out to be a tasteless piece of sausage. When they brought me the veal I had ordered there was practically no food on the plate. The veal looked like the portion size that Weight Watchers recommends in order to loose weight. There were about 8 green beans. This restaurant is not cheaper than Uncle Bacalas or Buteras
I pointed out to the waitress how much food there was on my husbands plate and asked if there was no food on my plate because I was a woman. I was very disappointed in the restaurant and I had read the reviews. Maybe the people who liked it had a different chef cooking at the time they were there and the chef we had today was the bad chef. In the scheme of things this is very unimportant but I think people on this forum should post about their restaurant experiences to guide other readers of this forum. There are those on this forum who will flame me for moaning about a bad meal in a restaurant but this is a place to complain about anything, even the people who will complain about my restaurant complaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 04:03 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
I hope you shared your experience on Yelp, too.

I believe that it would be helpful to have a restaurant review thread (good and bad) on the page.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:20 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,763,651 times
Thanks for the review. It'll help me decide where not to go.

From reading other reviews of this place, I get the idea your underwhelming experience was not unusual.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:30 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,758,897 times
I'm shocked, Ragazzi is my favorite place, it's always been a perfect dining experience. Ask to speak to a manager, they will take you seriously, and try to make it up to you.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:15 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
It's a chain - make your complaint while there and they will right it. What was the server's response when you complained about your portion size in such a ridiculous manner (do you really think your server and the cook have time to make decisions based on your gender?)

We had a terrible dining experience on Christmas Eve at a local (non chain) restaurant - we emailed them a couple days later and they did the right thing.

Yelp is b.s. You get reviews from people addicted to the internet. And if the restaurant screams "LIBEL" to yelp, they take it down. Whoopee.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:24 PM
s13

797 posts, read 1,279,800 times
I agree that yelp sucks, and on both sides of the coin. You've got the site playing stupid games with the reviews to avoid lawsuits, and you also have moron "yelpers" giving places bad scores because the wait was too long or their server brought the wrong kind of soda

Old 12-31-2012, 07:23 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,758,897 times
This one is not part of a chain. It is individually owned and operated, not affilliated with the chain by the same name.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:28 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,063,208 times
Explain to me how the cooks knew you were a woman and gave you a smaller portion. I suspect you are a chronic restaurant complainer

Old 12-31-2012, 09:50 PM

115 posts, read 233,272 times
Hey 30to66at55, I suspect you are both a chronic troll and flamer.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:55 PM

520 posts, read 1,652,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Yelp is b.s. You get reviews from people addicted to the internet. And if the restaurant screams "LIBEL" to yelp, they take it down. Whoopee.
Is this true? I use Yelp all the time. I'm curious if that statement is accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island