Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 10:30 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,759,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The more I talk to teachers, the more I know how great the deal is. How about a 80-90K a year in pension, tax free, after 27 years, whill still having enough disposable income to sock away another 500K in 403B during that time? And having your house paid off? For teaching business classes.

Man I wish I had gotten in on this racket while the getting was good.
I know, now it's like winning the lottery!

My internist tells me he has a few teachers as patients and they are complaining they went from no deductible to a $3 deductible. Boy, did I miss the boat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 01:09 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,751,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I'm married to a teacher and I know a few dozen teachers quite well. If you buy that line of BS, I have a bridge to sell you....unless you're locked in a room with wannabe gangbangers in East New York.
Im also married to a teacher in a lower income school district and I hear the stories everyday and its not BS. Sorry but parents today SUCK!

Old 01-16-2013, 01:49 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,244,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
Who coincidentally get paid 25%+ less than teachers from the suburbs.

Go figure.
Same thing with the police.

It's "odd" how the ONLY TWO PROFESSIONS that pay substantially MORE on Long Island than in NYC are public school teachers and police officers, isn't it? Certainly not a correct and natural "leveling of the markets." More like UNIONS using politicians they own for a completely unfair advantage. Yet the taxpayers shouldn't dare to complain ... LOL ... yeah right. We can see right through you.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:57 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,759,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Same thing with the police.

It's "odd" how the ONLY TWO PROFESSIONS that pay substantially MORE on Long Island than in NYC are public school teachers and police officers, isn't it? Certainly not a correct and natural "leveling of the markets." More like UNIONS using politicians they own for a completely unfair advantage. Yet the taxpayers shouldn't dare to complain ... LOL ... yeah right. We can see right through you.
Yup, labor owns the politicians--at every level in this state--who promised the farm starting back in the mid-80's. The votes are bought and paid for without any doubt.

And it's clear things are only going to go in one direction, unfortunately for the taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island