Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 07:27 AM

1,474 posts, read 3,056,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymamabear View Post
I came across this thread by accident and I'm oh so glad I did. Johnny's Burgers is "horrible"? Who are you? The competition? I live right up the road from Johnny's and me and my family have been going there since they opened. We have NEVER been disappointed! They get their meat from Aiello Bros. Pork Store right next to them and hire all local people. They support our schools--but above all of this, their food is delicious!! have you even been there???? The owner is always there and they are always busy. What's your beef? You know, dumb people like you don't have a clue as to how small businesses work--and at least, not successfully. LOSER.
Just because the owner is always there and they support local schools doesn't mean their food is good. It's horrible, and you can look at plenty of reviews online that I'm not the only one who feels this way. It wouldn't surprise me if you were the owner, as you have not taken criticism well in the past. The burgers are undercooked and the fries are soggy.... Always! I have given this place numerous chances and it was always the same. I'm glad you like it, but I'm allowed to express an opinion without the insults. You are the one with a problem. I wouldn't recommend Johnnys Burgers to anyone.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:16 AM

3,514 posts, read 5,696,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbathedog View Post
There is very little locally grown/raised food left on LI. Almost all of it is shipped in. I'm not even sure you can find LI potatoes any more and LI duck is but a relic of the past.

I guess that makes another chain restaurant opening that much more exciting....

You only have to travel to area of the country where there is local produce, dairy, beef, etc. to find out how much better it tastes. Fresh foods are also key health marker.

Try the beef from Nebraska/Wyoming/Utah. Or salad and cheese in Sonoma.
You can get LI Potatoes out east. always pick up a bag when I am Seven Ponds Orchards during apple picking season. Last year, even saw then harvesting potatoes in the field across the street.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:57 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,763,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
You can get LI Potatoes out east. always pick up a bag when I am Seven Ponds Orchards during apple picking season. Last year, even saw then harvesting potatoes in the field across the street.
Good to know, thanks!

I know there are still some neat local grown farm stands out east, you need to be careful because not all of the produce is locally grown.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:25 AM

322 posts, read 937,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I don't know if it is still open but there was one in Port Jeff station just barely north of 347 on 112 before you come to terryville rd.

It's similar in appearance but I think you are refering to Cattlemen's Steakhouse and Saloon. They had one in Lindenhurst as well.

Not sure if either location is still open but I ate there once and was not impressed. Last time I drove by it in the early evening it looked like it was closed.

Cattlemen's Steakhouse & Saloon - Home

Old 03-04-2013, 11:30 AM

3,514 posts, read 5,696,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbathedog View Post
Good to know, thanks!

I know there are still some neat local grown farm stands out east, you need to be careful because not all of the produce is locally grown.
Well unless there is another Long Island, NY somewhere else... the bag said...
POTATOES Grown and harvested on Long Island, NY

Old 03-04-2013, 12:05 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,995,528 times
Better get on line for the amusement ride!

Old 03-05-2013, 09:10 PM

5 posts, read 6,743 times
Sure you have. Johnny's Burgers has become a staple in OUR neighborhood. They have taken what was once an eyesore and made that corner look lovely. You don't have to like it-but the random mention of their name makes one wonder. Hmmmm....! I can just say that when they gave free burgers to every kid in little league last summer--the crowd cheered when they mentioned Johnny's Burgers. People around here love it. And if it was so awful, why did you keep going back?? That makes no sense at all, so please don't bother trying to explain it. I love their food and so do my kids. When I ask my kids where do they want to eat they almost always say "Johnny Burgers." We couldn't even get a seat on Saturday--we had to wait in our car until one opened up. For my family-we're happy they're there.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:35 AM

1,474 posts, read 3,056,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymamabear View Post
Sure you have. Johnny's Burgers has become a staple in OUR neighborhood. They have taken what was once an eyesore and made that corner look lovely. You don't have to like it-but the random mention of their name makes one wonder. Hmmmm....! I can just say that when they gave free burgers to every kid in little league last summer--the crowd cheered when they mentioned Johnny's Burgers. People around here love it. And if it was so awful, why did you keep going back?? That makes no sense at all, so please don't bother trying to explain it. I love their food and so do my kids. When I ask my kids where do they want to eat they almost always say "Johnny Burgers." We couldn't even get a seat on Saturday--we had to wait in our car until one opened up. For my family-we're happy they're there.
Why are you so obsessed? You are the one who obviously has a vested interest in the place. It is a shame you don't feel that someone can voice am opinion that differs from yours. Is that what you teach your children, that it is appropriate to attack someone if their opinion differs from yours? So you love the place. Great. Most people I know don't. We go to 5 Guys in Port Jeff or Hauppauge.

I have to assume you are the owner's wife because you have done this before and I think you should be embarrassed by coming out here like this. Your restaurant is not very good and is nothing special. I predict you're out of business within 2 years.

One more time, Johnnys Burgers in Centereach is not a good place to get a burger IN MY OPINION

Old 03-06-2013, 03:17 PM

573 posts, read 1,242,154 times
Our contestants' usernames certainly seem appropriate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
Better get on line for the amusement ride!
What do you mean?

Old 03-06-2013, 04:26 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Yelp reviews are 3/5....so a mediocre place

Johnny's Burgers - Centereach, NY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island