Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2013, 03:00 PM
tde tde started this thread

1 posts, read 2,172 times

Advertisements

I am looking to buy a house in the next few months and have been looking into coram, specifically the Sequoia dr area north of pine rd. I would appreciate any information or opinions about that area or the quality of the homes there.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 08:56 PM

791 posts, read 1,622,906 times
What school district is it in? I know parts of Coram are zoned for Longwood, and I think there are significantly stronger school districts in that area of the island with roughly similar house prices.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:48 AM

999 posts, read 2,357,731 times
They're WAY overpriced levit houses and not worth $500 let alone 200,000 or more..... cheated on the foundations, sheetrock ext.... make sure and not be an idiot and pay anything stupid, there are some non levit houses around there but not many...

Old 02-02-2013, 02:37 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times
This part of the town is Longwood. Honestly if you look in the newer developments across 83 on streets like Kathleen Crescent, Apex, Blair, Colby, Wintergreen for example, most were built in 2000 or newer. Definitely a buyers market which is good. If you go just north to Wedgewood, that's where the district breaks up into Longwood, Middle Country, and Comsewogue. These are all nice parts of Coram, and there is very little crime to speak of.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoSeeker52 View Post
What school district is it in? I know parts of Coram are zoned for Longwood, and I think there are significantly stronger school districts in that area of the island with roughly similar house prices.
The other 2 districts are Comsewogue and Middle country. They are all average school districts but MC and LW cater more to children with special needs (programs). Otherwise there isn't much of a difference between the 3 unless you are going by diversity.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:01 PM

66 posts, read 151,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
The other 2 districts are Comsewogue and Middle country. They are all average school districts but MC and LW cater more to children with special needs (programs). Otherwise there isn't much of a difference between the 3 unless you are going by diversity.
I would rate them as:
1) Middle Country - Average school for Suffolk not amazing
2) Longwood - Very diverse school improving below average area
3) Comsewogue - (below average) A lot of Hispanic and Asian immigrants moving to the area and some of the areas of the District are going downhill

Old 02-03-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitney8 View Post
I would rate them as:
1) Middle Country - Average school for Suffolk not amazing
2) Longwood - Very diverse school improving below average area
3) Comsewogue - (below average) A lot of Hispanic and Asian immigrants moving to the area and some of the areas of the District are going downhill
I'd probably agree with your order but describing Longwood as below average area is an old view. It has changed alot. Comsewogues hispanic population has grown but it is not a horrible district either, just average/blatantly.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:51 AM

999 posts, read 2,357,731 times
what is wrong with you guys, the op asked about houses and all you answer was about schools, the schools all suck equally.

Now answer the op's question about the houses he/she is looking to buy, i don't recal reading their interest in buying a school...

Schools gotta suck if the op asks for houses and you read that as they want to buy a school...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island