Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2013, 05:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,205 times

Advertisements

My family will be moving to Port Washington in Mid April 2013. We have a 7 month old daughter and we are looking for a nanny that can work monday and tuesdays. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any places that can help? When we were looking for condos we stopped by the parent resource center and did see the babysitting booklet but didn't have a chance to really look through it. And I am not sure if the big websites like sittercity, care.com, etc would be of any help in long island and they charge a monthly fee. If you have a great babysitter that needs work mondays/tuesdays please let me know!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 10:55 AM

863 posts, read 2,107,322 times
It's very difficult to find part time especially ones that come to your home. They usually want to be paid hourly and it's $15-$20 per hr and if your working in the city or something and you're out the house for 12hrs you're looking at something like $180 to $240 per week just for two days. If you find a great daycare you would be looking at maybe an addational $100 total for the whole week.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:18 AM

703 posts, read 1,173,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiLisio View Post
My family will be moving to Port Washington in Mid April 2013. We have a 7 month old daughter and we are looking for a nanny that can work monday and tuesdays. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any places that can help? When we were looking for condos we stopped by the parent resource center and did see the babysitting booklet but didn't have a chance to really look through it. And I am not sure if the big websites like sittercity, care.com, etc would be of any help in long island and they charge a monthly fee. If you have a great babysitter that needs work mondays/tuesdays please let me know!!!
Look on care dot com or sittercity dot com. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island