Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2013, 07:37 AM

84 posts, read 229,552 times

Advertisements

Thank you guys for replying.

ehhhh the dead body on lawn is definitely disturbing! I don't doubt that the wall between GC and Hempstead has held throughout the years. In any neighborhood, no one can stop other people from coming in and causing trouble. My agent told me it really depends on my comfort level, so I should drive to that area one of these evenings and just check out who's walking on the street.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 07:49 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyang427 View Post
Thank you guys for replying.

ehhhh the dead body on lawn is definitely disturbing! I don't doubt that the wall between GC and Hempstead has held throughout the years. In any neighborhood, no one can stop other people from coming in and causing trouble. My agent told me it really depends on my comfort level, so I should drive to that area one of these evenings and just check out who's walking on the street.
You should also check out Grove St. Park and see who is hanging out there during the day since that will be your local park.

The dead body was the worst thing I've heard of happening over there.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:22 AM

@longislander2

Thanks for letting me know i can reach out to the police deparmtent. They have a Crime Mapping website on their official website. Please see below

https://www.crimereports.com/map/ind...cyzoomlevel=13

Looks like the crimes are not right there by the house, but still close. hmmm a lot to think about..

Old 02-06-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
@longislander2

Thanks for letting me know i can reach out to the police deparmtent. They have a Crime Mapping website on their official website. Please see below

https://www.crimereports.com/map/ind...cyzoomlevel=13

Looks like the crimes are not right there by the house, but still close. hmmm a lot to think about..
That link you posted took me to Garden City, Idaho!!!

If you want the true scoop, pay a visit to the Garden City Village police (Stewart Ave.) - they will be happy to help.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:59 AM

I think you can update the address to show. I will reach out to the police to verify.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:01 AM

655 posts, read 1,059,850 times
Doubleday Court condos are being built *close to the border* (the GC/good side).

This is an oft discussed subject here...some new upscale apts called Metro 303 are available for lease in Hempstead (the Hempstead/bad side). Studios are going for 1950 and 1 bedrooms are upwards of $2500.

I still say its a good entry point into GC if you can't afford something say in the Estates section but there seems to be quite a bit of crime and the border into/with Hempstead is, well, disgusting.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:07 AM

I saw there are some registered sex offender living less than 10 blocks away from the area.... hmmmm maybe I should wait for another house to open up in the better section of GC.

Thank you guys

Old 02-06-2013, 10:29 AM

27 posts, read 77,777 times
Quote:
I saw there are some registered sex offender living less than 10 blocks away from the area.... hmmmm maybe I should wait for another house to open up in the better section of GC.

Thank you guys
No where on this planet earth is perfect. You wait, and find a different property...then find out that the end of the block is prone to flooding, or will have increased traffic due to planned construction etc. It maybe closer to hempstead than you like, but you ARE in Garden City and can take advantage of the perks. I'm also sure you won't drive into hempstead, smack the first hood looking type of guy you see, then have him chase you back to Garden City to get mugged. My point is, you need to be comfortable. Take a look at the surrounding areas for yourself and see what you will accept or not.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:

Thank you guys
I wouldn't worry too much about that. They aren't going to be straying into GC just to look for kids, and you need to take precautions about that anywhere anyway. Your small children should be in your sight at all times, and your older children should be taught about "stranger danger". As it is there have been a few incidents in GC over the years with men stopping and trying to engage with kids and it's not just in the Eastern section that it's happened.

IMHO the estates and west are nicer than the east and you do have less worries (especially in estates which is encircled by the rest of the village).

Old 02-10-2013, 10:07 AM

796 posts, read 1,755,585 times
Update: Arrest Made in Deadly Domestic Dispute Near Garden City Border
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island