Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 07:52 AM

999 posts, read 2,355,986 times

Advertisements

Not in snow emergency conditions, playing brake check is gonna hurt you one day...trust me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 08:07 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,762,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaleyRocks View Post
Brake check. I need a new car anyway, and I'm pretty sure NY is an auto fault state for rear end collisions.
Actually, if you're hit from behind, especially while be tailgated, the driver behind you is 80-100% contributory.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:57 AM

68 posts, read 100,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by levitt55 View Post
How about the drivers with all the windows and side mirrors covered in snow. The windshield is also covered except a little circle on the drivers side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBound3 View Post
I was getting some gas yesterday and a guy pulls into the gas station - I only noticed because his muffler scrapped the driveway on the way into the gas station. So I do a quick double-take - and the guy is driving a monster Caddy and has every bit of 28" of snow on the roof and trunk - WET SNOW! I could not help but laugh.
How is that not illegal? Snow flying off someone's car and hitting the windshield of another car can not only cause an accident to an inexperienced driver, but also end up in someone's death.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:15 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,966,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenAnjel View Post
How is that not illegal? Snow flying off someone's car and hitting the windshield of another car can not only cause an accident to an inexperienced driver, but also end up in someone's death.
It is.

So is speeding, littering, blowing red lights, not coming to a full stop before making a right on red, etc. but it doesn't stop the idiot drivers on LI from doing it anyway.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:05 AM

1,962 posts, read 2,705,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
It is.

So is speeding, littering, blowing red lights, not coming to a full stop before making a right on red, etc. but it doesn't stop the idiot drivers on LI from doing it anyway.
On Long Island, anything goes. The worst traffic enforcement I've ever seen.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:00 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,762,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser199 View Post
On Long Island, anything goes. The worst traffic enforcement I've ever seen.
On Long Island, hostile driving is the rule, tail gating the norm. Try driving on the LIE or any of the parkways during rush hour. I get passed in a flash while driving 70, so I'm guessing the other drivers are doing 85 or 90 mph. Maniacs have taken over the roads here.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:31 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,966,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbathedog View Post
On Long Island, hostile driving is the rule, tail gating the norm. Try driving on the LIE or any of the parkways during rush hour. I get passed in a flash while driving 70, so I'm guessing the other drivers are doing 85 or 90 mph. Maniacs have taken over the roads here.
Welcome to LIMAland
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island