Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2013, 12:51 PM
HIS HIS started this thread

146 posts, read 278,958 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Is there a bus service around Woodbury road or S. Oysterbay Road.

I would like to know if there is a way to get from Clearview Village (Corner of Woodbury Rd and S. OysterBay Road) to LIRR (Hicksville or Syosset or Bethpage) using Public Transport.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 01:37 PM

2,597 posts, read 3,385,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIS View Post
Hi,

Is there a bus service around Woodbury road or S. Oysterbay Road.

I would like to know if there is a way to get from Clearview Village (Corner of Woodbury Rd and S. OysterBay Road) to LIRR (Hicksville or Syosset or Bethpage) using Public Transport.

Thanks.
The LI buses are the worst.
You could go here and see if you can find a bus route that works for you:
Interactive System Map

I would consider walking, driving or either riding a bike to Hicksville. I can't stand the "not so" NICE bus.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
The LI buses are the worst.
You could go here and see if you can find a bus route that works for you:
Interactive System Map

I would consider walking, driving or either riding a bike to Hicksville. I can't stand the "not so" NICE bus.
Thanks - I guess ill have to get a 2nd car. Appreciate your help.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:50 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,110,988 times
The N94 used to run up Woodbury Road during rush hours, but it was cut.

Now, you have the N78/79 buses, but those are all the way by Old Country Road. If you're going to walk down there, you might as well save yourself the bus fare and just walk directly to the LIRR station. (Or get a car like you said). But it sucks that you have to get a second car just to drive a couple of miles every day.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
The N94 used to run up Woodbury Road during rush hours, but it was cut.

Now, you have the N78/79 buses, but those are all the way by Old Country Road. If you're going to walk down there, you might as well save yourself the bus fare and just walk directly to the LIRR station. (Or get a car like you said). But it sucks that you have to get a second car just to drive a couple of miles every day.
Indeed - but such is life. Thanks for letting me know. I doubt I can walk to the Hicksville Station as its 2.2 Miles from the house. Maybe get a bike for now and then save up and get a 2nd car around winter time.

Thanks for the information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island