Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2013, 11:40 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,162,026 times

Advertisements

Has anyone used 'Best in Show Pet Resort' in Mineola for boarding their pets, specifically cats?
I'm boarding my cat there for 3 days this weekend and have been trying to find some testimonials.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 12:11 PM

247 posts, read 483,241 times
I take my puppy to doggy day care there 3 days out of the week and have boarded my puppy over a week there as well. They are wonderful! They play and care for your pet as if it were their own. They also post pictures to Facebook of their playgroups. Its always nice to see my Bailey playing well with others.

Since your query is specifically to cats, I will say that judging by how they've done with my puppy, your cat will be fine! Very well cared for and attended to. Have no worries.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:15 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,065,538 times
Why would you board a cat for only three days. Put plenty of water and food out. Have a couple of clean litter boxes and the cat will be just fine.

I leave my cats alone for long weekends and they have no problem.

Why upset the cat with a strange environment...just leave it at home.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:30 PM

247 posts, read 483,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Why would you board a cat for only three days. Put plenty of water and food out. Have a couple of clean litter boxes and the cat will be just fine.

I'll also add that we have a puppy and a cat. The cat stayed home during the week. We left plenty of food and water using gravity feeders. Cleaned out his litter box the morning we left. He was fine.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:31 PM

520 posts, read 1,653,259 times
Why do people have pets? My parents have two dogs that my daughter loves. I fear the day she asks for a dog because I know I will break down and buy her one. On top of not wanting a dog, I'm allergic to pet dander and the only dogs I have been around that dont bother me are havanese. And I don't want a havanese. I don't want any pets. Too much of a hassle. I've never been to a dog owners where the house doesn't smell like dog. No thank you!!

We had a great cat, Muffin, when I was growing up. It was fun until I found out about my asthma and then I could no longer play with Muffin if I wanted to keep breathing. I was sad. She lived in our basement after that. I loved that cat.

I don't have a cat so I can't advise the OP. Just regurgitating thoughts and moments from my exciting life for everyone to read. I hope you enjoyed the latest installment of "The life of Mambwe."

Look for the hardcover version in local bookstores soon. Oh wait, there are no more local bookstores...

Last edited by mambwe; 03-13-2013 at 12:48 PM..

Old 03-13-2013, 07:38 PM

1,214 posts, read 3,643,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mambwe View Post
Why do people have pets? My parents have two dogs that my daughter loves. I fear the day she asks for a dog because I know I will break down and buy her one. On top of not wanting a dog, I'm allergic to pet dander and the only dogs I have been around that dont bother me are havanese. And I don't want a havanese. I don't want any pets. Too much of a hassle. I've never been to a dog owners where the house doesn't smell like dog. No thank you!!

We had a great cat, Muffin, when I was growing up. It was fun until I found out about my asthma and then I could no longer play with Muffin if I wanted to keep breathing. I was sad. She lived in our basement after that. I loved that cat.
My allergy to cats is hospital-worthy and I'm allergic to dogs that shed, so I can sympathize.

BUT, I love dogs, and we've got a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier that doesn't shed and doesn't stink. He's a hypoallergenic dog.

There are many dogs that have hair vs. fur - sheep dogs, schnauzers, poodles, lhasa apsos, - the list goes on and on. Just google hypoallergenic dogs and you'll be surprised how many breeds are out there that won't cause allergies and won't cause a mess. The only down side is that they have to be groomed about every 3 months or so.

As far as your question "Why do people have pets?" - They add life around a house for one thing. And the best thing about a pet is their unconditional love.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:01 PM

840 posts, read 2,446,057 times
they have always treated our dog very well, we had him there for 6 days during vacation on 2 occasions and for 7 days during Sandy.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:13 PM

216 posts, read 445,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post

I agree, it would put too much stress on the cats for a few days. Just leave out big bowls of dry food, water, and clean litter box. I put in kitchen where they normally eat and also in my bedroom where they spend alot of time. Even put out a few cans of wet if they like that since I am sure they will eat that first then the dry.

Leave out some clothes in various places where they sleep so they have your scent.

I have done that and my two kitties were fine for a few nights Only problem I had was my boy got a urinary tract infection from eating too much of the dry food (which he normally does not get) so I always add water to the canned stuff!

Old 03-15-2013, 09:31 AM

322 posts, read 937,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mambwe View Post

I don't have a cat so I can't advise the OP. Just regurgitating thoughts and moments from my exciting life for everyone to read. I hope you enjoyed the latest installment of "The life of Mambwe."

Look for the hardcover version in local bookstores soon. Oh wait, there are no more local bookstores...
I don't know how old your daughter is, but if you are really that much against getting a pet, stand strong and do not get her one.

Too many unhappy endings when a parent gets a pet for a child and expects them to handle full responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island