Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 02:07 PM

4,697 posts, read 8,754,804 times

Advertisements

we really need LIMA to weigh in on this. I defer to him all things related to vehicles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 03:29 PM

414 posts, read 808,338 times
I am sure LIMA will be all for this!

Old 03-21-2013, 07:00 PM

999 posts, read 2,356,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mambwe View Post
I like having a front plate. Everyone once in a while I pull too far forward when parking and bump into something. My front plate takes the damage. I'd rather that than a scratched bumper.
If you haven't figured out how to judge the car you're driving more than a month where the nose is, you need to start looking at not driving...
I have never hit my unprotected bumper unless i was pushing someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
we really need LIMA to weigh in on this. I defer to him all things related to vehicles.
Lol well thank you S.I.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryangry View Post
I am sure LIMA will be all for this!
I am all for this, then i don't have to keep the other plates with me

I have not ever defaced the front of my vehicle with any plate or vanity plate or some bs team ***** of any type since 1983.

Would you put a sticker across your face ?

I have had the daily donations to NYC for no front plate affixed to the front of the vehicle
I have been stopped maybe 4 times to see where my front plate is, and if i was aware it was exempt from the nose of my car.
I have had brookhaven town mail out stupidity about 4 unregistered cars in the driveway ( a real driver never backs into traffic ) only to make them feel well dopey for making false claims.

Never ever will i hang something off my face and so i do not do it to my vehicles either.

Neither should you, if you don't want to do it for the looks of your car, do it as civil disobedience for being F'd by our out of control state, county, town

Old 03-21-2013, 07:06 PM

999 posts, read 2,356,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veryangry View Post
Why not sell ad space, pay for some of the overpriced gas! If they ever approved this, it would probably take years for it to go into effect, you'd probably have 3 new cars by that time. I have heard of people getting tickets for no front plate. For more sporty cars a front plate definitley kills the looks of the car.

I have trucks and cars, and it is a eye sore on EVERYTHING.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island