Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2013, 06:54 AM

335 posts, read 932,235 times

Advertisements

Hello Forum,

Does anybody know the "approximate" cost to hire a surveyor to do an Elevation Survey in Nassau South Shore? Required for a house in a FEMA AE location.....ultimately to be used for flood insurance purposes.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 10:03 AM

694 posts, read 1,196,535 times
I paid $600, the guy was Anthony Vallario (not sure about the exact spelling of the last name, sorry), did fantastic job, our premium dropped from 2,400 to 600, but that was in 2009 pre-Sandy, not sure if the certificate will hold the water now (excuse the pun), one good thing, though, is that if you sell the house, the certificate passes onto the next owner, so that's a bit of leverage to you as seller. There is no guarantee, though, that the insurance company will deem the certificate valid, but it does work in about 99% of the cases.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:50 AM

556 posts, read 619,324 times
I just had it done myself. It cost $600. After sending it to my insurance company they lowered my rate by $500.
Have you checked to see if one is on file already? I called my town hall and they checked the file for my residence and told me that there was nothing on file. Maybe you have one already.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanalsLB View Post
I just had it done myself. It cost $600. After sending it to my insurance company they lowered my rate by $500.
Have you checked to see if one is on file already? I called my town hall and they checked the file for my residence and told me that there was nothing on file. Maybe you have one already.
Concerning a house I am looking at for purchase. They say they are "grandfathered in" but if I need to shop around for a better rate, Ill need an Elevation Certificate ....I would assume??? Thanks - - Ill check the Village or Town to see if something official is on file...

Old 03-27-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysladkaya View Post
I paid $600, the guy was Anthony Vallario (not sure about the exact spelling of the last name, sorry), did fantastic job, our premium dropped from 2,400 to 600, but that was in 2009 pre-Sandy, not sure if the certificate will hold the water now (excuse the pun), one good thing, though, is that if you sell the house, the certificate passes onto the next owner, so that's a bit of leverage to you as seller. There is no guarantee, though, that the insurance company will deem the certificate valid, but it does work in about 99% of the cases.
Thanks...yes, the current owners say they have been grandfathered in from previous owner and it would pass to me.....not sure about that....plus what if I have to shop for a better rate in this rather bad FEMA designation...... need a Certificate of E from somebody for my own edification down the road....

Old 01-28-2014, 11:37 AM

1 posts, read 5,441 times
I had mine done by JAN 20 2014 by NEW YORK PROPERTY CONSULTANTS 516 808 0792 [email]NYPCONSULT@GMAIL.COM[/email]
They did a great job my insurance was lowered and the service was great
They called me same day and made an appointment the for next day
The completed certificate was e mailed to me and my broker NEXT DAY and original was mailed to me also
I highly recommend them they were so prompt with professional service

Last edited by s burns; 01-28-2014 at 12:34 PM..

Old 02-27-2014, 08:07 AM

1 posts, read 5,282 times
I also had ours done last week in Massapequa by NEW YORK PROPERTY CONSULTANTS 516 808 0792 [email]NYPCONSULT@GMAIL.COM[/email] They were recommended to us by our insurance company
They are really professional made an appointment right away actually next day and we had the papers the following day
I highly recommend them they were so prompt with professional service. 2 men came to do this with equiptment
We needed it for NY Rising Program they also told us there are people out there doing fake certificates
not using the correct information and numbers just to collect the fee and the certificates could be rejected so watch out

Old 05-31-2017, 11:59 AM

1 posts, read 2,030 times
If anyone is looking for an Elevation Certificate, visit [url=http://www.nyelevationcertificates.com]NY Elevation Certificates - Elevation Certificates for New YorkNY Elevation Certificates | Determine your Flood Risk[/url] or email [email]info@nyelevationcertificates.com[/email] for the guaranteed lowest cost for a certificate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island