Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 01:35 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,297,505 times

Advertisements

^^^
First of all, I am not the one who has been caught lying multiple times on CD. Nor have I had posts deleted for that reason. You conveniently never addressed why in other posts you said you want to have kids and the house is too small in your long winded response. Not a surprise.

Be as defensive as you like, but City-Data's whole purpose is to provide TRUTHFUL information to people. If everybody just lied all the time and nobody challenged them, where would CD be?

There is a HUGE gap in the quality of life and the quality of the school districts between Valley Stream and Baldwin. That's why nobody else got on this thread and recommended Baldwin over Valley Stream. Nobody is that much of an idiot.

BigMike posted many posts about the situation in Baldwin, including one about personally seeing the kids from NYC get off the LIRR every weekday morning and head to the high school. Damage control acting like he made only one post is yet another lie that can easily be found out by running a search and reading. Here's some more:

//www.city-data.com/forum/16537768-post38.html

How about this one:

//www.city-data.com/forum/long-...l#post12208374

Or are all those crime headlines and stories he linked to that took place in Baldwin false and the media is full of it? Again, Valley Stream is nothing like Baldwin. The only similarity is that both have a larger percentage of blacks living in them than typical LI towns. The blacks in VS are solidly middle class, so the only "fault" to be found is by people who just don't like blacks no matter how they act.

I believe in giving people the best information I can, especially when they are seeking to make a big purchase like a home for themselves and their children. I, for one, could not sleep at night advising a couple with kids who specifically asked about the schools that they should move into a place where the high school is ghetto! Gunshots going off at homecoming and a kid getting stabbed = ghetto high school. They can do much better for their money elsewhere. Claiming that Baldwin SD is only "crappy" compared to Garden City and Jericho is yet another bald faced lie. Baldwin SD is mediocre and declining compared to all of Long Island.

In stark contrast, this is the kind of "shooting" going on in Valley Stream schools:

Another state title for rifle team
http://liherald.com/valleystream/sto...fle-team,46688

Quote:
For the seventh consecutive season, the team captured the state championship in the air rifle competition at West Point on March 2.

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 03-31-2013 at 02:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 02:01 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,784,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
^^^
First of all, I am not the one who has been caught lying multiple times on CD.
Where did I ever lie? Now you're calling me a liar? Nice. What a way to advance your points on this thread. What a way to boost your crediblity that way.

Quote:
Nor have I had posts deleted for that reason.
Are you a moderator on C-D? Yea, I didn't think so. The only post I EVER had deleted on C-D was one addressed to you and because the moderator noted it wasn't relevant to the thread topic. ONE POST. Please get your facts straight.

Quote:
You conveniently never addressed why in other posts you said you want to have kids and the house is too small in your long winded response. Not a surprise
The decision to have or not have kids is a personal one. And it is one very disappointing tohave thrown in one's face. Whether I choose not to have or not have kids has no bearing on this thread nor does OP really care, it is a point YOU brought up to specifically address ME so once again, I ask, what bearing does that have whether it is an impetus for us to buy another home or not? People move for different reasons, each of them personal to that particular individual/couple. Who do you think you are to pass judgement on that person for choosing to procreate or not? Or for even changing their mind on the issue? What - people can't change their minds now?

Quote:
Be as defensive as you like, but City-Data's whole purpose is to provide TRUTHFUL information to people. If everybody just lied all the time and nobody challenged them, where would CD be?
This board is to provide opinions. Opinions based on experiences', facts, observations. I post my opinions and observations based on MY truth and I cite my references. Where in your post did you even address my point about the Baldwin school kids' using fake addresses to secure enrollment in the Baldwin schools? You conveniently brushed my query aside. Is it because you really don't have facts to support your opinion other than pointing to BigMike's posts? City-Data is like any other message board - anyone with half a brain should read and verify the information for themselves. I know that what I posted is truthful to me. So, you can go ahead and challenge my facts as anyone else can, but all you have "challenged" me on here are my prior posts - which isn't relevant to the specific question being asked by OP (Valley Stream v. Baldwin). Once again, let's bring this thread BACK ON TOPIC.

Quote:
There is a HUGE gap in the quality of life and the quality of the school districts between Valley Stream and Baldwin. That's why nobody else got on this thread and recommended Baldwin over Valley Stream. Nobody is that much of an idiot.

BigMike posted many posts about the situation in Baldwin, including one about personally seeing the kids from NYC get off the LIRR every weekday morning and head to the high school. Damage control acting like he made only one post is yet another lie that can easily be found out by running a search and reading. Here's some more:

//www.city-data.com/forum/16537768-post38.html

How about this one:

//www.city-data.com/forum/long-...l#post12208374

Or are all those crime headlines and stories he linked to that took place in Baldwin false and the media is full of it? Again, Valley Stream is nothing like Baldwin. The only similarity is that both have a larger percentage of blacks living in them than typical LI towns. The blacks in VS are solidly middle class, so the only "fault" to be found is by people who just don't like blacks no matter how they act.

I believe in giving people the best information I can, especially when they are seeking to make a big purchase like a home for themselves and their children. I, for one, could not sleep at night advising a couple with kids who specifically asked about the schools that they should move into a place where the high school is ghetto! Gunshots going off at homecoming and a kid getting stabbed = ghetto high school. They can do much better for their money elsewhere. Claiming that Baldwin SD is only "crappy" compared to Garden City and Jericho is yet another bald faced lie. Baldwin SD is mediocre and declining compared to all of Long Island.
[/quote]

I am not disagreeing with you on providing the best information, of providing opinions for that matter. But to make sweeping generalizations like "Baldwin SD is declining compared to all of Long Island" and there being a "huge gap in quality of life" between both is hyperbolic at best. Have you live in Baldwin? Have I actually said "no VS is terrible compared to Baldwin"? No. My post is coming as a person living in Baldwin, just as your post is coming as a person living in Valley Stream. Provide your opinion, but theres no need to pass judgment on Baldwin or its schools considering you don't live there or ever have.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:22 PM

In general, the people who post on CD are not stupid. I am not calling anyone a liar because I don't have to. They can tell who the liars are. They can see with their own eyes when multiple posts that they just read disappear. They can read with their own eyes a person posting one "story," "fact" or "opinion" in one thread and the exact opposite in another. It is especially egregious when the person lying is doing so to attempt to profit from it. People can use their own search skills and reading skills to see who the liars are on here, so I will not go any further on that subject and each can decide on their own.

As for the actual question in this thread, I will repeat what I said: OP should choose Valley Stream over Baldwin hands down for better quality of life and better quality of the schools. Yes, that is my opinion. However, I am 100% confident that anyone who does the research will find evidence that agrees with my opinion as being the best choice between the two.

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 03-31-2013 at 02:32 PM..

Old 03-31-2013, 03:20 PM

909 posts, read 1,836,809 times
Not to prolong this foolish thread but, their are better towns to live in for the prices of homes in these 2 towns. Neither town is anything special but, not many towns on LI are. The hometown game shooting didn't involve any Baldwin residents but, some lonely people will use it against Baldwin because it's better to waste time online trying to make a "reputation" than to sit back and keep your pie hole shut. VS's claim to fame is the " ghetto" Green Acres mall and the now defunct adult shop. Everything else is crap retail stores like many other places close by. If you want turn of the century custom colonial and Victorians VS won't have what you are looking for.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galicia#1 View Post
Not to prolong this foolish thread but, their are better towns to live in for the prices of homes in these 2 towns. Neither town is anything special but, not many towns on LI are. The hometown game shooting didn't involve any Baldwin residents but, some lonely people will use it against Baldwin because it's better to waste time online trying to make a "reputation" than to sit back and keep your pie hole shut. VS's claim to fame is the " ghetto" Green Acres mall and the now defunct adult shop. Everything else is crap retail stores like many other places close by. If you want turn of the century custom colonial and Victorians VS won't have what you are looking for.
The OP asked specifically about Baldwin and Valley Stream. Your comments regarding "other better towns" are completely off topic. Who asked YOU anyway? Yes, perhaps OP should go searching for a home deep into south shore flood disaster territory which you so zealously defend to make you personally happy.

How do YOU know that shooting and stabbing at Baldwin High School's homecoming last year didn't involve any residents? Were you there? Please cite your sources or "keep your lonely pie hole shut." Just the fact that these incidents happened is bad enough anyway no matter who the perpetrators were.

I will challenge ANY assertion on here that Valley Stream and Baldwin are alike. They are not. Period. There is a huge difference in quality of life and the quality of the schools and a huge difference in how the residents, law enforcement patrols (both professional and volunteer) and local government handle quality of life miscreants. For instance, the woman who perfomed sex acts in broad daylight on Sunrise Highway in Baldwin while running a hot dog truck (all within walking distance of Freeport High School). She lasted there for YEARS and YEARS and is still there as of last year's news stories.

Let me google that for you

You know what would have happened to her in Valley Stream? The Village wouldn't have let her last A SINGLE DAY. The residents would have harassed her constantly and if she kept on with her dirtbag mantra of "I have my rights to run my business!" like she pulls in Baldwin she would have ended up with two black eyes, a dislocated jaw and missing teeth (which would actually have been handy for her in performing her business after her mouth healed). In contrast, Baldwin law enforcement and residents acted way too late (she got away with it for YEARS and YEARS before anyone spoke up and that was only because of outside media attention) and way too little by respecting the prostitute's "rights" instead of enforcing their own quality of life.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:03 AM

295 posts, read 345,711 times
Everyone knows, when looking for homes on the souhshore heading East from Queens along Sunrise hey, you skip Valley Steam and Lynbrook and head to RVC. If you can't afford or don't find anything you like in your budget, you move along past Baldwin and Freeport and try Merrick and so on. VS, Baldwin and Freeport are the same.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NassauGuy12 View Post
Everyone knows, when looking for homes on the souhshore heading East from Queens along Sunrise hey, you skip Valley Steam and Lynbrook and head to RVC. If you can't afford or don't find anything you like in your budget, you move along past Baldwin and Freeport and try Merrick and so on. VS, Baldwin and Freeport are the same.
Ignorant racist ideology. Unfortunately, it is still seen in the less evolved white Long Islanders.

Don't forget RVC has troublesome and dangerous minorities, gang members and drug dealers!

Bloods Gang Member Arrested for August Old Mill Court Shooting
http://rockvillecentre.patch.com/art...court-shooting

Quote:
A Rockville Centre man and known Bloods gang member was arrested Monday in relation to a shooting that occurred on Aug. 7 near Old Mill Court.
Early-Morning Drug Bust Nets 14 On Long Island
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/06/...n-long-island/

Quote:
Police descended on an apartment complex on Old Mill Court in the Town of Rockville Centre in a pre-dawn drug bust and raid. Fourteen members of an alleged crack cocaine distribution ring were arrested. Four of them are suspected Bloods gang members, authorities said.
Sure you still want to recommend RVC or shall I put that on the scrap heap for you?

If that apartment complex was in Valley Stream it would have been burned down a long time ago.

Wrong about Valley Stream! However, Baldwin and it's bordering neighbors Hempstead, Freeport, Roosevelt and Uniondale are becoming similar unless Baldwin residents put a stop to it.

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 04-01-2013 at 11:35 AM..

Old 04-01-2013, 11:28 AM

OK, so let's just say the part of my post you highlighted is true, and they are not the same. You do not seem to disagree however when looking to purchase, everyone knows to keep driving and not look in these areas.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NassauGuy12 View Post
OK, so let's just say the part of my post you highlighted is true, and they are not the same. You do not seem to disagree however when looking to purchase, everyone knows to keep driving and not look in these areas.
Everyone who is an ignorant white racist will. The truth is that the 17.4% black population of Valley Stream are solidly middle class and are no problem whatsoever. But when it comes to ignorant white racists raised on the knees of NYC transplant N haters there is no getting that across to them.

Valley Stream is better off without them. At least our kids can shoot straight and are better off without them too. Champions for seven years in a row: black, white, male, female. See the pic.

If racists want to pass us by, then keep it moving!

Another state title for rifle team - Valley Stream - LIHerald.com - Nassau County's source for local news, breaking news, sports, entertainment & shopping

Quote:
For the seventh consecutive season, the team captured the state championship in the air rifle competition at West Point on March 2.

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 04-01-2013 at 11:55 AM..

Old 04-01-2013, 12:06 PM

Has nothing to do with race. After Merrick, you can look in Bellmore then skip Wantagh (for obvious reasons) and look in Seaford. After Seaford no use in stopping til you hit the Hamptons and Montauk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island