Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the craziest?
The neighbor who called the police on the guy for laughing too loud. What a whiner! 6 23.08%
The guy who laughs too loud. Shut up already! 9 34.62%
The RVC police. For what they pay you why are the Bloods still in business and this is who you arrest! 6 23.08%
The OP of this thread. You made me waste precious seconds of my time reading this! 5 19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 01:57 PM

2,589 posts, read 3,371,795 times

Advertisements

It's sad to see that disgusting housing project located right in the middle of a nice neighborhood. I remember driving down N. Centre Ave when we were looking at homes and all of the sudden you see this awful eyesore along with a group of derelicts hanging out by the Bodega on Meehan Ln. This was all during broad day light. I can't imagine what that area is like at night.

As far as this guy laughing too hard. I'm not taking sides but I can see both sides. For all we know this overweight guy is laughing out his lungs throughout the night disturbing his neighbors with no regards. He could be deliberately doing this to instigate trouble or he just doesn't care how loud he is. What if he has his window open and is just laughing all night like a hyena? Wouldn't that annoy you too? I'm having trouble seeing him as an innocent victim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 02:07 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,947,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
It's sad to see that disgusting housing project located right in the middle of a nice neighborhood
Damn those poor people for wanting a place to live!! If only they could afford overpriced mortgages like the rest of us suckers!!

Old 04-26-2013, 02:08 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,204,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Damn those poor people for wanting a place to live!! If only they could afford overpriced mortgages like the rest of us suckers!!
Where did you move to again? I'm going to flyer that part of RVC with notices for "affordable/free government housing" directing them as close as possible towards your way.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
It's sad to see that disgusting housing project located right in the middle of a nice neighborhood. I remember driving down N. Centre Ave when we were looking at homes and all of the sudden you see this awful eyesore along with a group of derelicts hanging out by the Bodega on Meehan Ln. This was all during broad day light. I can't imagine what that area is like at night.

As far as this guy laughing too hard. I'm not taking sides but I can see both sides. For all we know this overweight guy is laughing out his lungs throughout the night disturbing his neighbors with no regards. He could be deliberately doing this to instigate trouble or he just doesn't care how loud he is. What if he has his window open and is just laughing all night like a hyena? Wouldn't that annoy you too? I'm having trouble seeing him as an innocent victim.
Yes, I see what you mean.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
That's not what I was getting at but it does seem very unfair to the RVC residents who pay a fortune in taxes to have to live next door to this mess. Yes, poor people do deserve a place to live but with the poor also comes trouble. When you pay the enormous amount in taxes you should have the right to live in a safe neighborhood. Look at what spawned inside this housing projects. It wasn't law abiding and respectful people, but a bunch of criminals. I'm not saying all of them are criminals but a good amount were.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
That's not what I was getting at but it does seem very unfair to the RVC residents who pay a fortune in taxes to have to live next door to this mess. Yes, poor people do deserve a place to live but with the poor also comes trouble. When you pay the enormous amount in taxes you should have the right to live in a safe neighborhood. Look at what spawned inside this housing projects. It wasn't law abiding and respectful people, but a bunch of criminals. I'm not saying all of them are criminals but a good amount were.
You are blaming the wrong people. You can't blame the poor people for the high taxes that people willingly pay.

I am not saying anyone is the victim here, but to complain that they are an eyesore on a community that pays high taxes is a pretty dumb argument. Everyone pays high taxes on LI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Where did you move to again? I'm going to flyer that part of RVC with notices for "affordable/free government housing" directing them as close as possible towards your way.
Baldwin, duh.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
You are blaming the wrong people. You can't blame the poor people for the high taxes that people willingly pay.

I am not saying anyone is the victim here, but to complain that they are an eyesore on a community that pays high taxes is a pretty dumb argument. Everyone pays high taxes on LI.
No that is not all true. We do pay high taxes but the taxes differentiate from town to town. Towns like RVC, Syosset, Jericho, Muttontown, Plainview pay a lot more than towns like Hempstead, Roosevelt, Central Islip, Wyndanch, etc. And RVC pays some of the highest on LI. Why should they have to deal with this in their neighborhood? It seems unfair to me.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
I don't know much about the history of the projects there. Haven't really looked into it. I can only suppose that once upon a time there were some STUPID (have to say that), well meaning, but totally misguided liberals in Rockville Centre that decided it would be their civic duty to have such a thing plus Section 8 in Rockville Centre. Well, EPIC FAIL to whoever you were who dreamed up this liberal utopia of a housing project in RVC! You are probably dead, but I wish your ancestors were sentenced to live in them for the rest of their lives as punishment of the sins of the father! (Might as well go all Old Testament on them for good measure, what the heck!)

Old 04-26-2013, 02:49 PM

So we should stick all poor people into a ghetto and keep RVC pristine?

Old 04-26-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:

Baldwin, duh.
Okay they are not going to get a better deal in Baldwin than being on Section 8 in projects in RVC. That's living for FREE or very close to it. Sorry I couldn't bring annoyance to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island