U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2013, 08:02 AM

155 posts, read 429,891 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a Tile store that sells and has a decent selection of ceramic tiles? I am not looking for anything fancy and don’t think Home Depot or Lowes are a good option. I am looking for a warehouse or outlet style tile store that sells various types of ceramic tiles that are inexpensive. I’m thinking this type of place has to exist somewhere in this area....
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 08:48 AM

694 posts, read 1,045,737 times
There is Porcelanosa, I believe, somewhere in the Westbury, and there is also a tile store somewhere on Sunrise Hwy in Freeport.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:24 AM

9,301 posts, read 13,529,357 times
check Tile World in Flushing on College Point Blvd. There's also HK Marble down the road: H K Marble & Tile Corp in Flushing - (718) 886-1331

When we renovated, these were the 2 best affordable options we found. Old threads also recommended these.

We found the ones locally in Nassau (quite a few along Old Country Road in Westbury) to be more expensive. And ceramic would be to begin with. You can also try Swan Tile on Frost St. in Westbury. They had a good selection of ceramic.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:52 AM

6 posts, read 11,463 times
I recently used Old Country Tile in westbury. Massive selection and most of the people there actually know something about tile. Family run business. its on a side street just off old country road and they have another location in port jeff. I ordered my wall and floor tile for my bathroom from there. The wall tile was in stock in westbury, but the floor tile I had to drive to port jeff to pick up, or I could have waited a week and picked it up in westbury.

The price wasn't cheap, but they have top quality stuff and very nice people to deal with.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:28 AM

23 posts, read 59,559 times
I recently went through the same thing looking for discounted tile stores. I ended up getting them at Tile World in Flushing. It may seem far from LI, but it's not a bad drive and worth the trip. They have a bunch of pallets of overstock tiles outside and also a display of cheaper, discontinued tiles inside. Prices were very reasonable.

TILE WORLD, Inc.

I also saw a decent selection of discounted/overstock tiles at Weisman Outlets in Middle Village, Queens.

Contact Us

Also, a few aisles of overstocks at Procida Tile on Jericho Turnpike in Floral Park. This is their only location that has discounted overstock and discontinued styles.

Locations - Procida Tile

All of these places I've mentioned have much better quality than you would find at Home Depot or Lowes at similar or lower prices.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:40 PM

137 posts, read 307,923 times
We bought tile from Roma Tile in Holbrook. Very pleased with selection, service and price.

Matt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island