Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 06:38 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,992,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not4longNY View Post
I have had VZ for years and I have never had a problem, even after Sandy. VZ has a ton more on Demand and guess what? It's free!! CV charges an extra monthly fee for on-demand for each channel. But go ahead and go back. Dolan loves you.
This is completely erroneous info but it's nice to fire up the hype. I called VZ directly and SHOWED them that they have fewer (AND MORE EXPENSIVE) on demand selections and they said "nothing I can do sir, I'll escalate it to dept. X (programming?)." CV on demand is free with each service (ie HBO on demand comes w/ HBO, etc, Optimum on demand is totally free, Wifi is free). It's ok. Nothing wrong with FIOS really, but your post is a true example of life in the VZ fan girl bubble. Of course, Dolan is the devil, but VZ is a corporate and consumer saint. I remember their techs chanting exactly that on the picket line for months. Puh-leeze.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
hold on...........hahhahahahhahahahaha i told everyone how bad verizon was but "nnnnnnooooo!" everyone insisted it was the second coming og Christ.
I was afraid this thread would attract you. Please let the grownups discuss without the pseudo-tech baloney no one cares about.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
I'm going back to Crest after giving Colgate a try......like cable and fios...your results may vary
This nails it!

Old 07-03-2013, 10:39 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,277,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
I was afraid this thread would attract you. Please let the grownups discuss without the pseudo-tech baloney no one cares about.
Aw let him revel in the Cablevision over Fios win back of you!

Old 07-03-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Aw let him revel in the Cablevision over Fios win back of you!
No! My going back has not one bit to do with any of his insane faux-techie arguments. I want this to be a "which one sucks less" thread, not a "which one is mythically better" thread.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:25 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,223,566 times
Quote:
No! My going back has not one bit to do with any of his insane faux-techie arguments. I want this to be a "which one sucks less" thread, not a "which one is mythically better" thread.
In that case, they all suck equally, each with their own issues lol. They're all overpriced. In Florida cable is free unless you want premium channels.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:38 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,513,944 times
Literally no one cares about what TV service you pay for.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:27 AM

161 posts, read 321,692 times
Quote:
This is completely erroneous info but it's nice to fire up the hype. I called VZ directly and SHOWED them that they have fewer (AND MORE EXPENSIVE) on demand selections and they said "nothing I can do sir, I'll escalate it to dept. X (programming?)." CV on demand is free with each service (ie HBO on demand comes w/ HBO, etc, Optimum on demand is totally free, Wifi is free). It's ok. Nothing wrong with FIOS really, but your post is a true example of life in the VZ fan girl bubble. Of course, Dolan is the devil, but VZ is a corporate and consumer saint. I remember their techs chanting exactly that on the picket line for months. Puh-leeze.
Whatever you say. I love CV fan babies/whiners and so does Dolan.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:24 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,804,641 times
Quote:
Suck it up, bro and man up.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
Suck it up, bro and man up.
wtf are you talking about?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island