Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 04:17 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,270,219 times

Advertisements

Namaste'
I honor the place in you
in which the entire Universe dwells,
I honor the place in you
which is of Love, of Truth, of Light and of Peace,
When you are in that place in you
and I am in that place in me
we are One

I know you said that you didn't want any responses, but very nice sentiment, andy.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 03-01-2014 at 03:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 05:57 PM

652 posts, read 2,264,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Namaste'
I honor the place in you
I honor the place in you
we are One

I know you said that you didn't want any responses but very nice sentiment, andy.
Thanks Nancy...I usually sign off with
Namaste
andy..................but you wouldn't believe how many people get turned off by that and then miss any message 'I may try and convey in a thread....so I'm torn....
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Namaste'
andy

Last edited by nancy thereader; 03-01-2014 at 03:58 PM..

Old 12-12-2007, 04:34 PM

Namaste'

Where does that come from, andy ? Almost sounds like Gilbran.

Old 12-12-2007, 05:21 PM

652 posts, read 2,264,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Namaste'

Where does that come from, andy ? Almost sounds like Gilbran.
Its Hindu and Buddhist for the most part.
I've been a long time meditation practioner and I originally started with Ram Dass in the late 60's and then spent a full week with him for many years upstate NY at The Omega Institute of Holistic Learning where I later studied more with Tenzen Wyngel Rinpoche who came over from Tibet many years ago and he taught me more about meditation through the Bon Tradition which predates Buddhism by thousands of years and almost became extinct when Tibet was taken over....anyway...through my long time interest in Buddhism and Hinduism I've come to label myself as a "HinJew"...lol....when people ask my religion.

In India when people meet you they put their hands together in front of themselves and bow and say, "Namaste" in respect for each other.
I've attached a picture of Ram Dass and me from a few years ago during our week long annual get together.
Namaste
I honor the place in you
I honor the place in you
we are One

andy

Last edited by andybuildz; 12-21-2007 at 05:14 PM..

Old 12-13-2007, 04:24 PM

Thanks, andy. That was a wonderful experience for you, I'll bet.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:43 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,181,103 times
Please report the posters that do not follow the rules and don't reply to their post. As Moderator we try our best to keep this forum as an informative tool for all.
Personal attacks, racist comments and rude remarks are against the Terms of Service and infractions will be issued to violators.

Now back to the original question..

Old 02-11-2010, 07:17 AM

2 posts, read 2,397 times
Default coram, middle island, centereach

Coram and middle island have some undesireable places. Stay north of 25 and you will be ok. If you are looking to locate east of middle island, Wading River would be your best bet. It is a nice town very close to the water, north shore.
Centereach is a different story. South Centereach is lousy. I greaw up in Centereach, however I was raised in North Centereach, on the Setauket border. This is a much better section. Close to 347, Stonybrook Village, and West Meadow Beach. Much better area. South Setauket park is very nice. If you are looking to locate in Centereach, stay in this region instead of south of 25.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:53 AM

184 posts, read 805,628 times
^^lol...your about 3 years too late

Old 03-01-2014, 01:54 PM

25 posts, read 42,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
I Am going to tell you the same thing i tell everyone.....

Go and do your own research, the reason long island has the problems it does is because people are to lazy to go and research the neighborhood they want to live in....

Instead they ask other people, other people might like to shoot and live near the shoting range, they may like to race cars, or race dirt bikes.

You may be asking these people and then you move in and instead of dealing with it, you ***** like everyother idiot that made the same mistake..

Now get in your car and go and drive around the neighborhood at different times and different days and make your own decision..

You don't even know the people on this board and you'll leave it to them to make your lifes decision.....and then oooops you don't like it and need to sell in a recession and move....riiight good thinking..
I know this post is old but I came on to read it so I am replying to this. So driving through a bunch of times will tell you everything? Getting opinions from people isn't also helpful in conjunction with driving around? I grew up in a bad section of Queens. Then we moved to a semi affluent area on LI so we could be in a good school district etc. Guess where I got robbed twice? Sure it may make sense because people are going to go to the better areas to steal but still. Not everything is as it seems. I also was much happier in Queens. The people were nicer. You can't tell that though by driving around.

Last edited by Funbucket; 03-01-2014 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: Forgot something

Old 03-02-2014, 05:35 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,137,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
Gordon Heights is not worse than Harlem..its just not White.

We just drove through there tonight.
Its a hell of a lot nicer than most of Middle Island.

Per people I know on the SCPD, most of the drugs are over in Homestead Village and most of the Prostiution is over in Coram now.
Many of the Level 3s are now being exported to Mastic.

The Heights has come a very long way since the 80s.
Local Whites just cant seem to wrap their minds around it.

They hear Gordon Heights and assume the worst.
Its sad and prejudiced.

I tip my hat to the the Gordon Heights Civic Assocation.

Keep up the good work

C
Gordon Heights Future
History of Gordon Heights
Sorry but I have worked in Coram for years and have to disagree. The prostitution was from MANY years ago on the streets of middle country road and in a few asian massage parlors that are all closed now for a long time. Coram is 99% perfectly fine with the north part being the best. The Homestead Village area can be shady but it too is mostly fine. The streets right outside of it that border middle island and medford (in the gordon heights area) are the spots that have a few issues. The issues are in all 3 towns. If you don't believe me check an online police blotter. I do agree that the heights have come a long way and there are white people there as well even though lesser than the black and hispanic population and to tell you the truth, most people are very nice; it's just a few here and there that screw up the reputation of the area. The housing crisis didn't help either and you'll notice a bunch of boarded up homes on each block. Also, even though Longwood is not a top notch district, it does have its pluses including special needs programs and its drug issues are no worse than any other on Long Island.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island