Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 11:50 AM

6,985 posts, read 7,039,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
special snowflake mitsguy....normal people don't adapt for your kind....it is you who will adapt or not
Your use of name calling and cliches shows that you are out of ideas and are losing your argument, since you have nothing of substance to add. Bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
So the rest of world should adapt to your being up late?
Why is it that you all label morning people as "normal" just because Benjamin Franklin said so? That line of thinking is very dangerous. You need help.

Furthermore, in the Work and Employment forum, the cliche by the "employer" hypocrites is that in a white collar professional "exempt" job, you are paid to do a job, and not to work a certain set of hours. So, as long as I get the work done, why should it matter if I'm working at midnight rather than at 6 AM, or that I am working on July 3 rather than July 4?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 11:54 AM

6,985 posts, read 7,039,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjretrac View Post
I can't believe I'm responding to this foolishness...

Mits, you keep going on about people "forcing their lifestyles on [you]." Can you please pragmatically explain what you mean by this?
I am referring to the fact that our world seems to cater toward morning people rather than night people.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:58 AM

126 posts, read 221,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsguy2001 View Post
I'm not saying that he personally did, just that I'm sick of morning people who force their lifestyle on everyone. The attitude in his posts is that he's one of the typical morning people who can't understand that some people's body's function differently from his.
I'm a natural night person. But I have children - they don't let you sleep late on the weekends. If anything they have some sort of internal timer that gets them up earlier on those days. Children=sleep deprivation. If you are still in your twenties I advise you to HAVE THEM NOW. Sleep deprivation is harder to deal with in your late 30's and 40's than it is when you are young.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:16 PM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,723,022 times
Quote:
I am referring to the fact that our world seems to cater toward morning people rather than night people.
So he isn't forcing his lifestyle on you, then. You may be upset that the world doesn't cater to you, but CSK doesn't force his lifestyle on you.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:46 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,140,822 times
Quote:
Could it be that most people are awake when it's daylight?

Old 08-12-2013, 12:54 PM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,723,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Could it be that most people are awake when it's daylight?
No, never!

Excuse me as I go reprimand my godson-- apparently, with his erratic sleep schedule when I watch him, he's forcing his lifestyle on me, which is not fair to me.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:09 PM

3,514 posts, read 5,695,389 times
Quote:
Your use of name calling and cliches shows that you are out of ideas and are losing your argument, since you have nothing of substance to add. Bye.

Why is it that you all label morning people as "normal" just because Benjamin Franklin said so? That line of thinking is very dangerous. You need help.

Furthermore, in the Work and Employment forum, the cliche by the "employer" hypocrites is that in a white collar professional "exempt" job, you are paid to do a job, and not to work a certain set of hours. So, as long as I get the work done, why should it matter if I'm working at midnight rather than at 6 AM, or that I am working on July 3 rather than July 4?
I need help? People are designed, genetically to be up and working during sunlight. I never said normal people. I said most people.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:22 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,140,325 times
Hmmm - I thought this post was about Zillow, not about different people's sleeping habits, etc.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:29 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,290,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
Hmmm - I thought this post was about Zillow, not about different people's sleeping habits, etc.
Looks like it got sucked into the mits vortex ... of things not to like about the 9-5 business culture, the cost of middle class life on LI, the sacrifices to be made to make a living, etc., etc., etc.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:35 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,140,822 times

Wheeeeeee...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island