Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 03:32 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,953,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
How should BM know? Back when he lived on LI he was living in Baldwin on the Babylon line and was NYPD (correct me if I am wrong but usually those guys drive in; not ride the LIRR due to their shifts). I have no idea why someone who claims to have lived in Baldwin and been a cop would also be an expert on the Long Beach line. Maybe because he said he grew up in Oceanside but what child commutes on the LIRR?
Seriously stalker

I took the LIRR for two straight years...6 months in the academy and the first 1.5 years I lived at home before buying my first home I was often late and my bosses didn't want to hear about the train delays or my tardiness due late arriving trains. I had to take a 45- an hour earlier one just to be sure!

My father rode the LB line for close to 35 years, I think I know the line I use to go in with my father in the summers for around 6-7 years also. My older brother also took the LB line off and on for around 15 years.

The line would flood often but they did corrections to the line around 10-12 years ago.

I mean really....I have to explain every aspect of my life and posts... Your a very sad individual! I lived on the Island for 39 years ...... .. Moderator cut: language porfavor

Last edited by nancy thereader; 08-14-2013 at 07:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 03:36 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,617,606 times
You know if I recall the LIRR had a campaign on that a while back. Sort of you bring it don't leave it or some such. You know putting a little responsibility on the riders. I think we have to admit there are some slobs on every line.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:40 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Seriously stalker

I took the LIRR for two straight years...6 months in the academy and two years I lived at home before buying my first home I was often late and my bosses didn't want to hear about the train delays or my tardiness due late arriving trains. I had to take a 45- an hour earlier one just to be sure!

My father rode the LB line for close to 35 years, I think I know the line I use to go in with my father in the summers for around 6-7 years also. My older brother also took the LB line off and on for around 15 years.

The line would flood often but they did corrections to the line around 10-12 years ago.

I mean really....I have to explain every aspect of my life and posts... Your a very sad individual!
YOU are the one who posts your own entire life story (what's true and what's not is debatable of course) on here for everyone to read (including non-CD members as this is viewable for all on the internet), you compulsive attention seeker and exhibitionist, so stop pretending it bothers you if anyone remembers any details about you. Everything you personally posted, you did so because you wanted people to know. So that's all on you. Stop crying already. You love being the center of attention and you know it.

So how does any of that ancient history, including your father and older brother, make you an expert on the Long Beach line's reliability and timeliness NOW? That is all people care about. What it is like NOW.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 08-13-2013 at 04:58 PM..

Old 08-13-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
You know if I recall the LIRR had a campaign on that a while back. Sort of you bring it don't leave it or some such. You know putting a little responsibility on the riders. I think we have to admit there are some slobs on every line.
Well when you get off onto the platforms, especially at Penn, there are garbage cans literally every few feet. You have to be a real slob not to take your trash off with you because it is so easy to find a garbage can! No excuses, slobs!

Old 08-13-2013, 03:52 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,953,507 times
Quote:
YOU are the one who posts your own entire life story (what's true and what's not is debatable of course) on here for everyone to read (including non-CD members as this is viewable for all on the internet), you compulsive attention seeker and exhibitionist, so stop pretending it bothers you if anyone remembers any details about you. Everything you personally posted, you did so because you wanted people to know. So that's all on you. Stop crying already. You love being the center of attention and you know it.

So how does any of that ancient history, including your father and older brother, make you an expert on the Long Beach line's reliability and timeliness NOW? That is all people care about. What it is like NOW.
Really? I gave my experiences with the LIRR nothing more I kept it plain and simple like most of my posts over the last couple of years.

You always have to challenge the validity of me and my posts.

I never ever do this to you, why do you feel you have to do it to me?

That's what bugs me

Old 08-13-2013, 04:39 PM

3,520 posts, read 5,702,419 times
Quote:
Trenton is the ghetto. I doubt many people are commuting from there to Manhattan.
I meant Trenton area (i.e. Princeton, etc..)

Old 08-13-2013, 04:50 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,851,140 times
Quote:
Trenton is the ghetto. I doubt many people are commuting from there to Manhattan.
Trenton is a Major Transit hub , and since its the capital it has a very busy station. Its also right across from PA and has cheap parking compared to Hamilton so its a very busy station. Around 17,200 people use the station either using NJT's Northeast Corridor , SEPTA Trenton line , NJT RiverLINE LRT , NJT buses or SEPTA Buses and Amtrak which reports another 1500 boardings... Some commute to New New Brunswick , Some to Metropark , some to Newark and some to Manhattan , and you also have Trenton and Philly commuters...

Old 08-13-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Really? I gave my experiences with the LIRR nothing more I kept it plain and simple like most of my posts over the last couple of years.

You always have to challenge the validity of me and my posts.

I never ever do this to you, why do you feel you have to do it to me?

That's what bugs me
I don't do it all the time. However I will keep that in mind.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
I meant Trenton area (i.e. Princeton, etc..)
I was answering poster who said houses are really really cheap and thinking of Trenton's inner city area with boarded up houses you can buy from HUD for $1. They are $1 for a reason ... if you fix them up, you will get robbed right down to the copper and the lightbulbs you put in.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:59 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,278,987 times
Please stop belittling each other and bickering back & forth.

from the terms of service :

Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island