Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 09:28 AM

28 posts, read 44,945 times

Advertisements

I am going hiking this weekend if anyone is interested. Going to the Catskills...Cornel, Wittenberg and slide. Anyone interested?? I've done this hike about 4 times so it is familiar. Start at woodland valley campground in Phoenicia. I have room to drive two people. Should be about 14 miles round trip.

Any takers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 10:11 AM

8,679 posts, read 11,069,654 times
I do quite a handful of running at Bear mountain. I see a lot of hikers up there.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:12 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,234,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantsToLiveInTheBush View Post
I am going hiking this weekend if anyone is interested. Going to the Catskills...Cornel, Wittenberg and slide. Anyone interested?? I've done this hike about 4 times so it is familiar. Start at woodland valley campground in Phoenicia. I have room to drive two people. Should be about 14 miles round trip.

Any takers?
Are there any hunters on Cornell/Slide/Wittenborg area ? Saw some while climbing near the Ashoakan Reservoir many years ago.
have done cornell/slide/wittenborg in my day ... 14 miles now too much for my old legs. Last year , parked up by Winnisook Lodge and cheated up to top of Slide. Much easier starting at the lodge (2600' elev.) . Then drove over and did Giant Ledge in the same day. Great view into the valley from the ledge, and it's an easy climb. Lots of families.
If you ever visit the the Adirondacks, try a few of my favorite day trips: Giant Mtn (the big one at intersection of NY 9/NY73, hard to miss) or Algonquin PK (climb from parking lot at Heart Loj, 2nd highest in the state and very few hikers compared to Marcy). Further south out of the high peaks, Blue Mt is a real nice climb , has a tower on top also.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:22 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,234,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2run01 View Post
Did some hiking out in Yellowstone and Glacier last month, with my young kids. I've started to explore local parks and preserves like Caleb Smith in Smithtown and Caumsett out in Lloyd Harbor a bit. I take my kids along and we write about our adventures.

Moderator cut: Please limit the amount of links to your personal blogs
did you climb Mt Washburn in Yellowstone? great climb for a family to enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: