Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 07:15 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,999,107 times

Advertisements

Is it just me or are a lot of people suddenly going barefoot on Long Island? At Walmart, the LIRR, everywhere except the beach and Splish Splash. Why do these tools think they can prance around without shoes? Do they do this in other parts of the country? I'm new here and have never seen this. What if they step on something sharp and get a boo boo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 07:23 AM

204 posts, read 297,186 times
The seems to be an LI Redneck movement growing here. These people embrace the redneck lifestyle and seek to emulate it. This is not a joke.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:44 AM

344 posts, read 718,015 times
My neighbor takes out the garbage barefoot. So he walks down his driveway, and onto the street, barefoot. I have also seen him water his lawn barefoot.

I do not understand this. Does he wash his feet upon returning re-entering his house? If so, how? In the kitchen sink? If not, does he not tread little sand and grime throughout his house? Does he not mind this?

Why not wear flipflops to do these chores?

Old 08-14-2013, 07:49 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,975,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytos View Post
My neighbor takes out the garbage barefoot. So he walks down his driveway, and onto the street, barefoot. I have also seen him water his lawn barefoot.

I do not understand this. Does he wash his feet upon returning re-entering his house? If so, how? In the kitchen sink? If not, does he not tread little sand and grime throughout his house? Does he not mind this?

Have you asked him these questions while you were cleaning his house for him?

Old 08-14-2013, 08:07 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,239,564 times
This isn't new. I'm originally from Queens and for years every time we've gone to LI for whatever reason, shopping, visiting family, we ALWAYS saw people going without shoes.

My neigbor drives barefoot and she's lived on LI her whole life. She used to walk her kid to the bus stop barefoot and it's not like we lived 10 feet away.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:36 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,147,831 times
Haven't seen much bare footing down here (except at the local FastMart where it's a redneck babe running in to get some smokes), which may have to do with the average temp of the pavement.
Now flip flops, that's another story.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:59 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,067,667 times
and I will never understand why young women think its ok to NYC on the subway with flipflops. There is too much of a chance you might step in crud.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:24 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytos View Post

You realize that if he walks to the curb in shoes he'd probably be picking up the same dirt that he would barefoot and bringing it in the house, right?

I've taken my garbage to the curb barefoot. My driveway is clean and devoid of any oil spots.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:30 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,954,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
You realize that if he walks to the curb in shoes he'd probably be picking up the same dirt that he would barefoot and bringing it in the house, right?

I've taken my garbage to the curb barefoot. My driveway is clean and devoid of any oil spots.
Do you wear your shoes in your home? Rule # 1 in my house is absolutely no one wears shoes or sneakers in the house!

Old 08-14-2013, 09:31 AM

344 posts, read 718,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Not if he takes his shoes off upon entering his house and leaves them on a mat, as any reasonable person would do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island