Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 08:38 PM

2,621 posts, read 3,390,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Suffolk is no bargain. The only real upside to Suffolk is in certain areas you get a bigger piece of property for less than you would pay in Nassau. Tax wise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
As a result of another thread, I looked at home prices for a nice town like Commack. $400k can get you a nice house still, with a big lot. You'd need $500k minimum for that in Nassau good towns and you won't get a big lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyLI View Post
And Commack is a great school district
Thank you for all your responses. Though I was really referring not to home prices, property taxes, school districts and the like but rather to the kind of shopping and services that the OP started the thread with and others commented on: supermarket prices, dining prices, mall prices, and provisions of other shopping and related services. Sure it may vary between locales, just like in Nassau County (the Hamptons versus Farmingdale or East Farmingdale vs. Amityville vs. Huntington Village vs. Babylon Vilage vs. Bay Shore vs. Brentwood vs. Copiague vs. Lindenhurst vs. Commack vs. Smithtown vs. East Northport and so on and so on). But would you say that the whole of Nassau overall is more costly for these shopping and services than the whole of Suffolk overall? Or rather that, in the end, it all evens out for both counties?

Again, I'm not addresing home prices, property taxes, school districts and the like but only shopping, dining, and other provision of services.

Last edited by UsAll; 09-22-2015 at 08:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 03:37 PM

163 posts, read 203,864 times
I miss LI terribly I hope Pamela you are going to a nice place We may even move back We are having a very hard time in PA although taxes are cheaper the roads are poorly repaired hilly and curvy we cant find decent drs and there are so few of them. The food is nothing like LI . LI is wonderful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island