Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 07:11 PM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,724,172 times

Advertisements

So it seems this is really catching steam.

If there are other 20-somethings going, then I'll go. I just don't want to be the baby in the group
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 06:11 AM

8,691 posts, read 11,078,805 times
would this be more likely a weekday or weekend thing?

Old 08-23-2013, 06:57 AM

186 posts, read 526,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjretrac View Post
So it seems this is really catching steam.

If there are other 20-somethings going, then I'll go. I just don't want to be the baby in the group

your in your twenties and all you have to do is waste your time on this forum?

Old 08-23-2013, 07:00 AM

42 posts, read 73,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
would this be more likely a weekday or weekend thing?
Whatever works for the majority of the members. I'm going to wait until Monday to post a poll about locations so it doesn't get burried over the weekend. I hope we can get a large turnout with a lot of regulars.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:34 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,530,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1234567 View Post
We spend a lot of time talking and reading each others ideas/thoughts. Why not meet in person? See the face behind the screenname. Are people hellbent of being kept anonymous? It could be fun to meet the crazies behind the posts.

We can even play a game. One person can organize the event and take a list of all those who are attending. Beforehand we can pick the most bizarre/shocking post by each member in attendance. We won't tell people who made the post. The game will be to match the face with the post. So we show you the post and you need to figure out who in attendance made that post. After which we can all wear cute name tags.

I think a bar or restaurant would be an appropriate place. Any takers? Is anyone up for this?

Come on Mods, who's coming? Or maybe we'll want to talk about the mods behind their back! Lol. Just kidding.

So??

I'll bring raspberries if mongoose brings some peaches.
I have to see if my over paid, cadillac health plan, over compensated civil service job will give me the day off. That's after I pick up my kids at the over rated, over paid school/teaches. Hopefully I live in the correct hamlet. My zip code says otherwise.
Providing my neighbor does not have a fence blocking me in. If all goes well, I can pick up the leaves in front of my drive way, providing the town left me garbage bags. Hopefully I have a few bucks left over after I pay my huge outrageous tax bill! My quality of life might start getting a little better if I can start hanging out with City Data friends!

Now this is what L.I. is about! Why move down south?

Old 08-23-2013, 07:43 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
I have to see if my over paid, cadillac health plan, over compensated civil service job will give me the day off. That's after I pick up my kids at the over rated, over paid school/teaches. Hopefully I live in the correct hamlet. My zip code says otherwise.
Providing my neighbor does not have a fence blocking me in. If all goes well, I can pick up the leaves in front of my drive way, providing the town left me garbage bags. Hopefully I have a few bucks left over after I pay my huge outrageous tax bill! My quality of life might start getting a little better if I can start hanging out with City Data friends!

Now this is what L.I. is about! Why move down south?
You forgot to mention that you would be bringing your family, since they are the main reason why you are still on LI.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:43 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,997,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1234567 View Post
Those 2 or 3 people may show up. Hopefully that's enough to convince you to come.
If it's this or a root canal or colon cleanse, this is still 3rd on my list.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:09 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
!!! not the ex-pats!!

Actually this was posted & discussed a year or 2 ago, the ex-pats were going to carpool north and crooks was going to arrange for the Rocky Point cheerleaders to entertain. I think it fell through when a chain restaurant was suggested as a venue, I mean after all standards must be maintained...

LOL!!!

Oh well, that's too bad.

Wait, aren't you one of 'em?

Old 08-23-2013, 08:46 AM

2,666 posts, read 7,335,822 times
All day Skirmish should be a good ice breaker.
Everyone wear their handle and have a go at it.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:47 AM

884 posts, read 1,405,815 times
We should all remember to arrive in our pickup trucks and take turns turning the person's toilet paper over and under.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island