Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2018, 08:53 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,824,080 times

Advertisements

Yeah, solar is just a scam. Summer bill. lmfao

[IMG][/IMG]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 12:47 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,405,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
Its so cheap, we cant see it!

Old 08-06-2018, 02:07 PM

39 posts, read 27,838 times
Quote:

[IMG][/IMG]
Drink the Kool Aid, young grasshoppa. Drink the Kool Aid.....

Old 08-06-2018, 04:55 PM

4,195 posts, read 4,077,595 times
Is it worth a savings of $78 a month to have a huge eyesore on your roof? Those panels are not attractive.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Is it worth a savings of $78 a month to have a huge eyesore on your roof? Those panels are not attractive.
I don't look at mine very much. They're on the roof. I do see all my neighbor's though and they don't bother me at all. It just means happier neighbors like me. More like $140 savings this month. $78/mo is more of a monthly avg for the year.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrippin View Post
Drink the Kool Aid, young grasshoppa. Drink the Kool Aid.....
Still can't fashion a decent response no matter how many screen names you start? Classic. $10.99 August bill. Gimmee more o' that kool-aid, baby! And a paper straw!

Old 08-07-2018, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Still can't fashion a decent response no matter how many screen names you start? Classic. $10.99 August bill. Gimmee more o' that kool-aid, baby! And a paper straw!
It'll be some time before you eat crow...consider this a reminder. And you will eat a lot of it. Yes you're doing good now. You've been missing the point all along. I don't expect you to get it.

Old 08-07-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
It'll be some time before you eat crow...consider this a reminder. And you will eat a lot of it. Yes you're doing good now. You've been missing the point all along. I don't expect you to get it.
You're a peach. I wish you well too. Despite this azz-clown, I hope people do their own legit diligence and potentially save themselves some money. Peace out.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Always wondered if and how bird poop affects the panels.
They lose effectiveness after awhile. Repairs are costly and eat into the margins...bird poop has an affect, but no more or less than regular every day dirt. It's probably not worth it to constantly clean them, but they will diminish over time...

There are other issues to consider such as house fire and how the panels affect firefighters. (check with homeowners insurance on that one)...

But Monstermagnet is right. He is an azz-clown, and unlike him, folks really should do their due diligence. Look beyond the immediate attractive returns that keep the sales folks employed. Look at the big picture, the overall effect on the environment that ALL aspects of solar energy have. You'll soon realize that the negatives either outweigh or just sit level with the benefits. They won't ever justify... In the long run, most people will realize that it wasn't worth it. In fact, I'd go as far as say that they'll outright regret it.

But what do I know.

Remember - the ONLY people who benefit from solar are the folks that sell the panels. In, paid, out.

Last edited by powertrippin; 08-07-2018 at 08:54 AM..

Old 08-07-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
They lose effectiveness after awhile. Repairs are costly and eat into the margins...bird poop has an affect, but no more or less than regular every day dirt. It's probably not worth it to constantly clean them, but they will diminish over time...

There are other issues to consider such as house fire and how the panels affect firefighters. (check with homeowners insurance on that one)...

But Monstermagnet is right. He is an azz-clown, and unlike him, folks really should do their due diligence. Look beyond the immediate attractive returns that keep the sales folks employed. Look at the big picture, the overall effect on the environment that ALL aspects of solar energy have. You'll soon realize that the negatives either outweigh or just sit level with the benefits. They won't ever justify... In the long run, most people will realize that it wasn't worth it. In fact, I'd go as far as say that they'll outright regret it.

But what do I know. (Not much)

Remember - the ONLY people who benefit from solar are the folks that sell the panels. In, paid, out.
Ugh, gotta keep throwing crackers to this troll and his hyperbolic BS with NO basis in fact and no examples.

By code they have to leave clearance for fire crews to maneuver and cut a hole in the roof for access.
That is the only issue in case the panels are charged, that crews could not cut a hole which is STANDARD
fire fighting practice. Homeowners insurance?! Not an issue if installed to code. If not, well, too bad. They'll let it burn. So far not ONE documented case on LI. One hyped up case (probably by YOU, lol) turned out to be an outside garbage can. https://www.newsday.com/long-island/...ire-1.13890701

When will you ever give examples of the "big picture," or the "negatives" or the regret so far NO ONE BUT YOU is reporting, even though PV has been expanding around here for well over a decade. Buh bye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island