Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 01:23 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,814,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Now you're making him out to be a child killer. Even the NCPD Chief said he is not a random killer.

Your quick panic qualifies you to report news for Channel 12.
please tell us you have never had children because that's the only way your posts make any sense.

Last edited by ovi8; 09-25-2013 at 01:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 01:25 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,044,941 times
and your post qualifies for the non sequitur of the week on CD.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:33 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,814,839 times
Quote:
Or delusional to believe we are safer because only the police have guns.
Let's everybody have guns and when a shooting occurs, anyone can whip out their own to protect THEMSELVES. When the cops get there, they don't know who the real suspect is. Yeah, brilliant.

Guy in a dark theatre whips out an oozie. The general audience starts to "protect themselves" by brandishing weapons. Again, brilliant. Police come to control the situation where 50 people are running around with guns drawn. Have they even thought that far ahead? All the gun people care about are THEMSELVES. May as well be the wild wild west as far as they're concerned.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:35 PM

13,507 posts, read 16,972,759 times
Quote:
Or delusional to believe we are safer because only the police have guns.

When seconds count, NCPD is only minutes away.
Wow, I didn't know you were the NRA Presidents Parrot. Sqwawk. guns don't kill people do..sqwawk..when seconds count, the cops are minutes away...sqwawk..from my cold dead hand...sqwawk...

Old 09-25-2013, 01:36 PM

13,507 posts, read 16,972,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
Let's everybody have guns and when a shooting occurs, anyone can whip out their own to protect THEMSELVES. When the cops get there, they don't know who the real suspect is. Yeah, brilliant.

Guy in a dark theatre whips out an oozie. The general audience starts to "protect themselves" by brandishing weapons. Again, brilliant. Police come to control the situation where 50 people are running around with guns drawn. Have they even thought that far ahead? All the gun people care about are THEMSELVES. May as well be the wild wild west as far as they're concerned.
You see, you have to have progressed past a 5th grade education to make the rational progression you just did...that asking too much of gun fetishists.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Wow, I didn't know you were the NRA Presidents Parrot. Sqwawk. guns don't kill people do..sqwawk..when seconds count, the cops are minutes away...sqwawk..from my cold dead hand...sqwawk...
Oh please...from Bloomberg's lapdog himself.

Again..so out of touch with the rest of this country.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:54 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,499,224 times
Quote:
If a guy in a dark theater whips out an "oozie" (which are already banned by the way) I'm damn sure I'd rather have a gun than not have one. It literally cannot be worse than one guy with a rifle emptying magazines into an unarmed crowd.

"Wild west" my butt. First, the Wild West wasn't really all that wild. Second, we've heard the same argument from the gun-ban crowd each and every time a state has permitted concealed carry - "PEOPLE WILL KILL OVER TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS! BLOOD IN THE STREETS! WILD WEST!" And yet it has never materialized, even though the vast majority of states (including NY) permit concealed carry by citizens. Crime is at record lows, and concealed carry permit holders are among the least likely people to use their guns illegally.

No, it won't prevent every tragedy. And the answer to everything is not "more guns". Indeed, the vast majority of mass shooting events end with either suicide or arrest, not a concealed carry permit holder intervening. That does not translate to restricting gun access as the most effective method of reducing them in the future. Bolstering the economy, expanding mental health access, creating a true social safety net, investing in education, ending the war on drugs, etc. is far more effective.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:

Guy in a dark theatre whips out an oozie. The general audience starts to "protect themselves" by calling the police. Again, brilliant. Police come to control the situation where 50 people are dead and wounded. Have they even thought that far ahead? All the gun people care about are THEMSELVES. May as well be the wild wild west as far as they're concerned.
Fixed it for you

Old 09-25-2013, 02:11 PM

884 posts, read 1,402,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Enter the gun nut losers. Do your small brains realize that even if everyone had a gun that shootings would still happen? I mean, when I go to a restaurant with my wife and kids, do we all in with our guns drawn just incase someone in there with a gun is ready to shoot me, so I can get the drop on them?
I usually walk in like this. No problems so far.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:37 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,980,837 times
"That gun had a hold on me. The power. Now I know how God feels...when he's holding a gun."
Homer J. Simpson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island