Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many killers do you think are responsible in the Gilgo Beach murders?
One Killer 21 52.50%
Multiple Killers 19 47.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 04:56 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times

Advertisements

Suffolk County's District Attorney Spota disagrees with Police Commisioner Dormer's theory that there is one killer in connection with the remains of bodies found in the Gilgo Beach area. From Newsday Mobile for all to read:

DA questions single serial killer theory
Top Stories Item

Quote:
Suffolk County's top prosecutor publicly challenged on Thursday the county police commissioner's theory that a single killer was responsible for the deaths of 10 people whose remains have been found in the area of Gilgo Beach.
What do you think? And why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 08:19 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,996,111 times
if any 1 a group whouldin"t last sombody whould have snitched by now if that was the case.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:41 PM

249 posts, read 515,039 times
If there's one thing about the people who live on L.I. it's this: They have a false sense of security. They really believe what the news tells them and they refuse to believe crime happens here.

To answer your question, It's more than 1 killer dumping bodies and body parts. Do you seriously think "Gilgo beach" is the only dumping grounds for bodies ? What about the pine barrens, sunken forest, or any stretch of woods along the L.I.E. ? There's probably bodies EVERYWHERE !

Old 12-15-2011, 09:42 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,712,359 times
I believe it is multiple killers. The body in Manorville and the beach I believe was placed there by someone other than the killer of the prostitutes who were found (Waterman, Costello, etc.)

Old 12-16-2011, 06:54 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,021,252 times
I'm not sure, but this public disagreement between the DA and the Police Commissioner, and the alleged disagreement between the Police Commissioner and his own detectives, seems odd. If evidence is uncovered that contradicts the Police Commissioner's publicly stated opinion and has the potential to embarrass him, would there be pressure to hide it, or to explain it away?

Old 12-16-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
I'm not sure, but this public disagreement between the DA and the Police Commissioner, and the alleged disagreement between the Police Commissioner and his own detectives, seems odd. If evidence is uncovered that contradicts the Police Commissioner's publicly stated opinion and has the potential to embarrass him, would there be pressure to hide it, or to explain it away?
The PC is retiring soon. There is going to be an interim PC and a national search for a new PC of Suffolk County. (With the money they pay, let's hope they get someone EXCELLENT.)

Old 12-16-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
if any 1 a group whouldin"t last sombody whould have snitched by now if that was the case.
Different killers acting separately of each other; not a group acting together.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dregg View Post
If there's one thing about the people who live on L.I. it's this: They have a false sense of security. They really believe what the news tells them and they refuse to believe crime happens here.

To answer your question, It's more than 1 killer dumping bodies and body parts. Do you seriously think "Gilgo beach" is the only dumping grounds for bodies ? What about the pine barrens, sunken forest, or any stretch of woods along the L.I.E. ? There's probably bodies EVERYWHERE !
AHHH! Now you're scaring me. But ... yeah I'm sure there are more bodies in different places that nobody has found yet ...

Old 12-16-2011, 11:31 AM

Default 48 Hours Mystery Airing Another Show on LISK

'48 Hours Mystery' returns to Gilgo Beach
Entertainment blogs item

Quote:
"48 Hours Mystery," which aired an extensive report on the Gilgo Beach serial killings last year, is returning to the story with fresh details Saturday night. (A clip may be available later today, so check back.) The segment focuses on the disappearance of Shannan Gilbert and her remains, which police said may have been found Tuesday in nearby Oak Beach. It airs at 10.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:37 PM

999 posts, read 2,357,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
AHHH! Now you're scaring me. But ... yeah I'm sure there are more bodies in different places that nobody has found yet ...

Open those areas up to recreational use and it'll help stop serial killers, they like to spend time with there work...not having to be seen by riders on bikes, atv's and other vehicles

1 person is doing it, and lives nearby
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island