Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 06:37 PM
VP1 VP1 started this thread

10 posts, read 31,294 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am potentially looking at buying a house in RVC. Can someone please explain why the homes are cheaper that are south of Lakeview Ave. Specifically between Lakeview and Maple aves. Is there more crime or quality of life issues in this part of town? I am referring to west of long beach road. Also- Is it me or does the real estate market in RVC appear to be slowing down? Thank you in advance for your response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 08:17 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,783,876 times
Its likely due to school district. Oceanside borders RVC, homes south of Sunrise are zoned to Oceanside SD which is not considered as top notch as RVC (although Oceanside is still quite good).

Old 11-04-2013, 04:18 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,099,795 times
Simple real estate rule #1 . Location, location, location.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:27 AM

4,697 posts, read 8,756,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP1 View Post
Hello,
I am potentially looking at buying a house in RVC. Can someone please explain why the homes are cheaper that are south of Lakeview Ave. Specifically between Lakeview and Maple aves. Is there more crime or quality of life issues in this part of town? I am referring to west of long beach road. Also- Is it me or does the real estate market in RVC appear to be slowing down? Thank you in advance for your response.
Not sure if there's more crime but the housing stock isn't as nice as other parts of RVC and you're closer to various businesses and such. Put simply, it's a little run down in certain spots. Take a drive through and you'll see what I mean.

As for the overall market in RVC, my amateur take on it is that, like most of Nassau, the quality stuff is getting snapped up pretty quick at close to asking price and the mediocre houses are languishing.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
Its likely due to school district. Oceanside borders RVC, homes south of Sunrise are zoned to Oceanside SD which is not considered as top notch as RVC (although Oceanside is still quite good).
The area in question is NORTH of Sunrise and there are plenty of homes south of Sunrise (and Merrick Rd.) zoned for RVC schools.

If it's your goal to misinform and contribute nothing, this post was a wild success!

Old 11-04-2013, 08:48 AM

1,775 posts, read 3,783,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
The area in question is NORTH of Sunrise and there are plenty of homes south of Sunrise (and Merrick Rd.) zoned for RVC schools.

If it's your goal to misinform and contribute nothing, this post was a wild success!
My apologies, i dont always have a map in front of me when I post rolleyes:..your snarky attack also contributed NOTHING by the way other than make you look like a jerk. However the fact remains that the particular house OP is looking at probably in the Oceanside SD which explains the lower price.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
My apologies, i dont always have a map in front of me when I post (rolls eyes),
yeah, it's too bad somebody doesn't put easily accessible maps on the internet. Might be some money in that.
Quote:
your snark also contributed NOTHING by the way.. However the fact remains that the particular house OP is looking at probably in the Oceanside SD which explains the lower price.
No, it's not - which you'd know if you'd read my post or knew anything about the area. Wouldn't it make more sense to simply NOT POST when you don't know anything about a topic?

Old 11-04-2013, 09:01 AM

909 posts, read 1,836,655 times
Quote:
My apologies, i dont always have a map in front of me when I post (rolls eyes), your snark also contributed NOTHING by the way.. However the fact remains that the particular house OP is looking at probably in the Oceanside SD which explains the lower price.
The area OP is describing is fully within RVC schools. The area between lakeview and maple has a lot of traffic. I wouldn't say the houses weren't well kept but, they aren't as nice as the homes north of lakeview. That is where North RVC begins and the more quiet neighborhoods are. From Morris to Long Beach road there are also many apartments and multi family homes.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:25 PM
VP1 VP1 started this thread

10 posts, read 31,294 times
Thank you all for your feedback. The houses in that area are all rvc schools. I will have to take a look at the traffic situation.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:10 AM

715 posts, read 1,233,735 times
I had a couple of high school friends whose addresses were Rockville Centre, but went to Oceanside Schools. They were literally a couple of blocks or steps from Oceanside in the first place. But those were a small amount of kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island