U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2013, 03:54 PM

13 posts, read 23,726 times

Advertisements

I am shopping for a house in that area in the $500 -600,000 range. How is this area comparing to Huntington Bay and CSH? Why there are so many house for sale and some even short sale. Is flooding an issue? Does flood insurance required for the area? What type of people live there-professionals or otherwise? How about reas estate appreciation?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 06:13 PM

883 posts, read 3,480,052 times
I have a friend who lives in that area- you can't compare it to Huntington Bay and certainly not to CSH. It's a quaint little area- some very cute houses, but in general much smaller properties than Huntington Bay and it has a funkier feel- more rustic. I don't know for sure but I get the sense that its an ecclectic group of people who live there- can't say its any one type. The houses along the water are of course beautiful but with your budget I assume that's not what you're looking for. And it's Huntington schools so you can't really compare it to CSH...

Old 11-08-2013, 06:24 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,800,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supervadim View Post
I am shopping for a house in that area in the $500 -600,000 range. How is this area comparing to Huntington Bay and CSH? Why there are so many house for sale and some even short sale. Is flooding an issue? Does flood insurance required for the area? What type of people live there-professionals or otherwise? How about reas estate appreciation?
know someone who lives up there ... noise problem in the summer with bar/restaurants across the bay at times if you live down by the water. Look at Halesite also - similar in many ways and you can def find something in that price range.
I personally like the neighborhood off West Neck Road (by Strawberry, Old Hickory) .. may be a bit more $$ though.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:41 PM

21,145 posts, read 31,802,099 times
That's an area that was once all summer bungalows, even 20 years ago that was still the flavor of the area. Never had and never will have the cache of the Bay ...not even in same thought process as CSH.

I don't think flooding of homes in that area is a problem, maybe West Shore Road and possibly roads leading in when there is a LOT of rain. Agree with pp, the area off West Neck Rd mentioned is my fave there.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:16 PM

883 posts, read 3,480,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
That's an area that was once all summer bungalows, even 20 years ago that was still the flavor of the area. Never had and never will have the cache of the Bay ...not even in same thought process as CSH.

I don't think flooding of homes in that area is a problem, maybe West Shore Road and possibly roads leading in when there is a LOT of rain. Agree with pp, the area off West Neck Rd mentioned is my fave there.
Summer bungalows- that makes perfect sense! Definitely has that feel still, though I'm betting that now it's all year-round residents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: