Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 01:16 AM

3 posts, read 20,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxsmom View Post
Ruby Tuesday's was "THE TEXAS RANGER".
Then it was The Pizza Machine! I still have a token from that place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 08:06 AM

15 posts, read 83,662 times
I drove by there in April on my most recent visit to Oceanside, first in 25 years, but didn't notice the new name where TSS was. We were on our way to Peter's Clam Bar for lunch!! Took my niece on a tour of town to show her where her mom, uncle and aunt grew up.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:50 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,952,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooba73 View Post
I drove by there in April on my most recent visit to Oceanside, first in 25 years, but didn't notice the new name where TSS was. We were on our way to Peter's Clam Bar for lunch!! Took my niece on a tour of town to show her where her mom, uncle and aunt grew up.
They have a Staples, Bed bath & Beyond, Walbaum's and Kohl's in there.
Didn't that TSS have a Foodtown connected to it towards the end ?

Mario, Dom and Joe use to cut my hair back in the day. The ole famous barber shop inside of TSS

Old 08-19-2011, 09:47 PM

654 posts, read 2,120,023 times
Not sure if this was mentioned but does anyone remember TOPS? It was an indoor roller rink. When it closed they changed it to a flea market.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,629 times
Anybody ever go to "recreation" during the summer at the elementary schools? Remember the "bottle-top" carnival where you paid for every game with bottle tops? I was a recreation leader for a few years..school # 5 and # 8.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:50 PM

6 posts, read 13,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Hengerle-Theodoraki View Post
Anybody ever go to "recreation" during the summer at the elementary schools? Remember the "bottle-top" carnival where you paid for every game with bottle tops? I was a recreation leader for a few years..school # 5 and # 8.
i remember the recreation program at school 8. Mrs Ahern ran it for what seemed like many years. I also remember the evening program, which was fun but less structured.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:32 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,406,825 times
The only memory of Oceanside I have is Nathan's wghich is still there. I did not grow up in oceanside but went to the nathans alot as a kid. do they still have the Arcade inside?

Old 10-03-2011, 02:26 PM
B44

5 posts, read 22,245 times
Default Shooping Strip with Pizzeria and Laundromat

Worked in oceanside area (on oceanside rd south of Mott St) in the late 70's. Was out everyday drying clothes (don't ask) in a laundromat that I thinks was near Brower/davison area. The place was in a strip of stores that also had a pizzeria with pin ball machines. Spent a lot of hours in that place waiting for loads of clothes to dry. Think there was also a small pub/bar just off the main road as you pulled into parking lot. Spent some time inthere too :-) Sound familiar to anyone? Thx...B44

Old 10-03-2011, 03:02 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,952,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B44 View Post
Worked in oceanside area (on oceanside rd south of Mott St) in the late 70's. Was out everyday drying clothes (don't ask) in a laundromat that I thinks was near Brower/davison area. The place was in a strip of stores that also had a pizzeria with pin ball machines. Spent a lot of hours in that place waiting for loads of clothes to dry. Think there was also a small pub/bar just off the main road as you pulled into parking lot. Spent some time inthere too :-) Sound familiar to anyone? Thx...B44

I think your talking about Mario's pizzeria on Brower. That place has been there forever and a staple for the H.S school kids for decades. There is a laundromat/cleaners 3 stores down.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:38 PM
B44

5 posts, read 22,245 times
thanks BigMike, that could be it. Was there ever a pub called Mumbles (or something like that) in that same area? I could be way off on the name, do remember i would walk out mumbling though
B44
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island