Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 04:50 PM

20,323 posts, read 21,101,135 times

Advertisements

Hurry up and buy all the milk and gas you can get your hands on!
Be sure everyone in your home has clean feet in the unfortunate event we all become trapped in our homes from the upcoming snowpocolypse and have to eat our own feet to survive.
Pray that PSEG is truly the utility messiah and handles this storm with military precision.
And don't forget to tip your bartenders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 05:10 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,551,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Hurry up and buy all the milk and gas you can get your hands on!
Be sure everyone in your home has clean feet in the unfortunate event we all become trapped in our homes from the upcoming snowpocolypse and have to eat our own feet to survive.
Pray that PSEG is truly the utility messiah and handles this storm with military precision.
And don't forget to tip your bartenders.
I love the way the supermarkets get package during these storms. These people act like they will be stranded for weeks! Even if I was, I probably have enough food in my house for the next 2 months. However, it may not be what I want to eat at that moment. Milk? Enough until next week. Eggs? 1/2 Doz in refridge.

Old 01-01-2014, 05:12 PM

21,000 posts, read 28,591,164 times
I hate snow!!!!

Old 01-01-2014, 05:28 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,937,333 times
at least we won't be seeing these types of threads before a hurricane anymore...

as for the snow, I can't wait. Being frigid without snow is pointless. 4 seasons - bring it. The only negative may be that schools are quite possibly closed on Friday and we JUST got through 12 days straight with the rugrats.

Old 01-01-2014, 05:31 PM

4,214 posts, read 4,134,699 times
Cuomo is talking about closing the LIE and parkways BEFORE the snowstorm.

Cuomo: LIE, parkways may be closed before blizzard hits LI

Old 01-01-2014, 06:00 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,233,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Cuomo is talking about closing the LIE and parkways BEFORE the snowstorm.

Cuomo: LIE, parkways may be closed before blizzard hits LI
That's the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. So people who use those roads for work either have to deal with the traffic disaster on Sunrise/local roads, or call in? Get the GD plows out, and deal with the situation. Christ, we're only talking MAYBE 10" here.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:07 PM

10 posts, read 17,573 times
This is terrible. We are trapped like dogs down here in Sarasota. Supposed to fly home Friday. To think we have to reschedule a flight and stay a couple more days is reprehensible.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:44 PM

429 posts, read 856,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
That's the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. So people who use those roads for work either have to deal with the traffic disaster on Sunrise/local roads, or call in? Get the GD plows out, and deal with the situation. Christ, we're only talking MAYBE 10" here.
Last February, he also suspended mass transit after 8 inches I think. What are people that go to work in the morning supposed to do?

Old 01-01-2014, 06:48 PM

22,732 posts, read 36,974,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
The only negative may be that schools are quite possibly closed on Friday and we JUST got through 12 days straight with the rugrats.
Now THIS sounds like a nightmare scenario!

Old 01-01-2014, 09:00 PM

312 posts, read 518,084 times
Hmmm. Ok so I am the only one with l/2 a cup of milk in the fridge? I figured they said it is only going to last a day. It will be over by noon on Friday. I am going to go buy a gallon of milk though because I love it, and I need it storm or no storm.

My son is ecstatic for snow. He saw a "little" snow the day before we left for vacation, but he hasn't actually played in it yet. We got back this past week from vacation, and I ordered him a pair of boots. A couple of people said not to buy snow "stuff" because you never know if we will even get any. The boots are supposed to be here tomorrow with prime shipping. Actually, they were suppose to be here yesterday. I hope they get here ..and they fit.

I am wondering how accurate they are on predicting snow. Well, I guess I will know tomorrow night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island