Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 10:34 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,889,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unctorious View Post
To be fair, the articles I saw didn't indicate much beyond the cop targeted Latinos and got caught. When I first heard this story I figured he was probably targeting illegal immigrants, the reason being they would be less likely to report him out of fear of consequences like deportation. I didn't think of drug dealers but that would also make sense given that line of thinking. It doesn't make it right, but you've got to figure he didn't want to get caught and so took some measure of precaution. Then again, he could have just figured that people would be scared to report a police officer, that he has their address and other information, but the article specifies he targeted Latinos. Maybe he is simply a racist and just wanted to mete out extra punishment to Latinos? Or maybe he figured that even if a Latino, citizen or not, did report him, people (e.g. DA's office, other police, the public at large) would not believe them over him, a white(?) cop? Either way, if true, this guy is a scumbag.
There is no need to spin the story. He persued Latino motorists. The guy is a scumbag and anyone that implies his motives make sense don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 02:02 PM

573 posts, read 1,242,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
There is no need to spin the story. He persued Latino motorists. The guy is a scumbag and anyone that implies his motives make sense don't get it.
I'm not sure how I spun the story; I gave possible reasons the cop targeted Latinos. I guess I don't get it . . . maybe you could explain?

Old 02-04-2014, 02:09 PM

290 posts, read 583,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
First Part -- Exactly what is "factually wrong?" Pardon me if I didn't get his salary correct to the penny as I was estimating. It has been reported in the news that he IS working in the unit that determines who gets to have a handgun permit. He is damn lucky to have a job. Out there in the REAL WORLD of THE PRIVATE NON-UNIONIZED SECTOR he very well would have been shown the door for causing much less embarrassment to his employer, believe me. Actually, with the doctrine of at will employment, which is the law in all states but Montana, he could be shown the door for nothing at all. And that IS FACTUALLY CORRECT, but perhaps in your sheltered life is something YOU know nothing about.
I wont pretend to know anything about the civil service practices in Montana, but, please, show me where on **ANY** Reputable media source that talks about where the Officer is working? Odds are you won't, as he wasn't then nor is he now working in **ANY** capacity that you write about.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:14 PM

133 posts, read 283,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
First Part -- Exactly what is "factually wrong?" Pardon me if I didn't get his salary correct to the penny as I was estimating. It has been reported in the news that he IS working in the unit that determines who gets to have a handgun permit. He is damn lucky to have a job. Out there in the REAL WORLD of THE PRIVATE NON-UNIONIZED SECTOR he very well would have been shown the door for causing much less embarrassment to his employer, believe me. Actually, with the doctrine of at will employment, which is the law in all states but Montana, he could be shown the door for nothing at all. And that IS FACTUALLY CORRECT, but perhaps in your sheltered life is something YOU know nothing about.

Second Part -- I already said I didn't have all the details right on the taxi driver shooting AND asked for someone to step in with the facts so you didn't need to write the last part I bolded. But wasn't it TWO cops out for the night with their wives/GFs and both drunk as skunks, acting crazy? Or you claim it was only one cop drunk all by himself? I never said there was more than one shooter. Supposedly the taxi driver says he "fears for his life" or at the very least fears ongoing harassment from the Suffolk cops if he continues to live in his home in Suffolk and that's why he won't be a witness. However, isn't he still suing and still going to cost the taxpayers money anyway? You're also glossing over the part that if it wasn't for this Bureau Chief, this nasty incident would have been blamed all on the taxi drive and buried by both SCPD and NCPD. That's a pretty dirty excuse for "law enforcement."
Not siding with the crooked cop but it seems you got it all wrong. He's a Suffolk County cop who now works at a desk job in Nassau County? Did you do any research at all? or just write what ever sounded good at the time? Seems like you don't have any details right anywhere. You just sound like a cop hater. Thats ok your entitled.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unctorious View Post
I'm not sure how I spun the story; I gave possible reasons the cop targeted Latinos. I guess I don't get it . . . maybe you could explain?
Yes you did. Why do you associate Latinos with illegals or drug dealers? ?

Old 02-04-2014, 05:36 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,769,880 times
Quote:
What a random post. Who said any of these motorists were illegal. You maam must be one of them Suffolk elitest hater...for shame.
Hate to break it to you but most of the victims were illegal aliens. He would specifically target them because illegals tend to carry large amounts of cash (how most are paid) and also face getting locked up for "aggrivated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle". He would search them, count the money, keep a few bills for himself (covertly) and send them on their way. I guess he figured illegals wouldn't go to the cops, he was wrong. Several did after they realized they were robbed by a cop.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Hate to break it to you but most of the victims were illegal aliens. He would specifically target them because illegals tend to carry large amounts of cash (how most are paid) and also face getting locked up for "aggrivated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle". He would search them, count the money, keep a few bills for himself (covertly) and send them on their way. I guess he figured illegals wouldn't go to the cops, he was wrong. Several did after they realized they were robbed by a cop.
Link?

Old 02-04-2014, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Link?

No link. I didn't get this info from a website. You think Newsday would ever say the victims were illegals anyway?? Never! Take it for what its worth believe me or not. Its the truth.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
No link. I didn't get this info from a website. You think Newsday would ever say the victims were illegals anyway?? Never! Take it for what its worth believe me or not. Its the truth.
That guy must have put in some serious research. What he do look for beat up cars with dirty hood wearing drivers? Anyway unless he got these guys around the block from western union on friday evening i doubt he made out too well.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
That guy must have put in some serious research. What he do look for beat up cars with dirty hood wearing drivers? Anyway unless he got these guys around the block from western union on friday evening i doubt he made out too well.
He didn't do it for the money (check out his salary) that's for sure, supposedly he actually had it out for illegal aliens. Nor did he even take all their cash, just a bill or two he would slip on the side when doing his search. There are lots of places and ways he could ID probable victims. He had been doing it for awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island