Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 01:41 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,882,174 times

Advertisements

illegals provide a service that ignorant people refuse to acknowledge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 01:41 PM

289 posts, read 581,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
You call me a liar and the first thing I find in my search verifies what I said I remembered reading in the media. Maybe I didn't remember the EXACT DETAILS correctly ($147K w/OT vs. approx. $150K w/o OT and he was transferred to the unit vs. he was already working in the unit), but here is your link for you:

Nassau Cop Gets Community Service for Stealing Baby Food - Police & Fire - Malverne-West Hempstead-Lynbrook, NY Patch
You're both confusing your cases, as well as where both officers work and worked. Neither one has ever worked in the Pistol Licensing section. And pointing out someone's error is not quite the same as calling someone a liar...but I digress.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:43 PM

573 posts, read 1,239,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
Yes you did. Why do you associate Latinos with illegals or drug dealers? ?
No, I didn't.

I specifically said that I did not think of drug dealers, so I guess I don't associate Latinos with drug dealers. In the context of this story I associated the Latinos sought out by this cop and illegal immigrants because from what I've heard, read and seen over the past 15 years or so, the largest number of illegal immigrants come from Central and South America. If I'm wrong let me know. The news articles did not contain a lot of information, so in discussing the story I threw out reasons I believed the cop may have felt he could get away with doing this. That's not spinning a story, it's discussing it - you should try it, but I get the feeling you're not really interested in discussing this and would rather just refer to Suffolk County as the "hate crime capital". Have a good one, amigo.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:48 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,240,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey95 View Post
You're both confusing your cases, as well as where both officers work and worked. Neither one has ever worked in the Pistol Licensing section. And pointing out someone's error is not quite the same as calling someone a liar...but I digress.
Oh come on, stop getting all shifty on me when I actually found the article you thought I wouldn't!

First of all, you know what you and I were talking about fine before and it was two different cases, the baby food thief in Nassau and the Huntington shooting of a taxi driver and we didn't mix the two up.

I never discussed what position any officer was assigned to except the baby food thief.

And, again, this is what the article actually said about the baby food thief's position at NCPD:

Quote:
He is assigned to the police department's records bureau, which helps handle gun-permit requests, processes prisoners and tests suspected drunken drivers.
As for the liar stuff, I just am pointing out I don't make things up and post them and I wanted to make that clear to you as it seemed you doubted that. I did read it online.

I looked on the NCPD website for information on the Records Bureau. See below.

http://www.police.co.nassau.ny.us/records.htm

According to their official website, the Firearms License Section is part of the Records Bureau and is described as such:

Quote:
Firearms License Section is responsible for the issuing of firearms licenses.
Should I believe their official website or an anonymous poster on a message board who doesn't even know the proper terminology ("Pistol Licensing section?") and claims the baby food thief never worked there? Hmmm ... tough choice.

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 02-05-2014 at 02:04 PM..

Old 02-05-2014, 02:13 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,882,174 times
Also until a reputable source is given to the full story ill assume most of you are bigots for as suming they were illegal or drug dealers..

Old 02-05-2014, 02:16 PM

289 posts, read 581,631 times
How in the world would I know what your referring and not referring to? Mind reading isn't a specialty of mine. Sorry. You posted something that was inaccurate -- I corrected you. Get over it; you were wrong. It happened. And, PLS *is* a part of Records Bureau, but, again, for a fact, as I've never made it a secret that I work for the NCPD, neither officer mentioned in your stories works in, or ever worked in PLS.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
Also until a reputable source is given to the full story ill assume most of you are bigots for as suming they were illegal or drug dealers..
Do you think the crooked cop would really risk that behavior for example on a latino who was a legal citizen and a doctor or business owner? Or a latino born in the USA who is a college student with a clean record? He's going to do that to someone who has something to hide so he thinks (hopes) they won't rat him out. It's terrible he did it to ANYONE no matter their immigration status or how they made the money he stole. He is nothing but a predator. He was not doing his job; he was out there preying on the public. Nothing but a dirtbag who deserves to not only be FIRED, but to also serve time in prison for what he did. Years not months or mamby pamby probation or public service deals.

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 02-05-2014 at 02:32 PM..

Old 02-05-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey95 View Post
How in the world would I know what your referring and not referring to? Mind reading isn't a specialty of mine. Sorry. You posted something that was inaccurate -- I corrected you. Get over it; you were wrong. It happened. And, PLS *is* a part of Records Bureau, but, again, for a fact, as I've never made it a secret that I work for the NCPD, neither officer mentioned in your stories works in, or ever worked in PLS.
Stop playing like you don't know who I am talking about. Again, I am only talking about the baby food thief. I never mentioned what I read in the media that either of the officers who were involved with the Huntington taxi driver did for NCPD because I don't recall reading anything about that. Anyone who reads my posts will see that I never did. You are only trying to muddy the waters in an attempt to misdirect. If you really knew what you were talking about in the first place, why didn't you correct me and say, "He did ______ for the Records Dept., but he was not involved with the Firearms License Section at all"?

If the baby food thief did not work SPECIFICALLY and only in the Firearms License Section, then what does/did he do for the Records Bureau since you are claiming "proprietary" knowledge?

Old 02-05-2014, 02:38 PM

5,301 posts, read 4,738,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Do you think the crooked cop would really risk that behavior for example on a latino who was a legal citizen and a doctor or business owner? Or a latino born in the USA who is a college student with a clean record? He's going to do that to someone who has something to hide so he thinks (hopes) they won't rat him out. It's terrible he did it to ANYONE no matter their immigration status or how they made the money he stole. He is nothing but a predator. He was not doing his job; he was out there preying on the public. Nothing but a dirtbag who deserves to not only be FIRED, but to also serve time in prison for what he did. Years not months or mamby pamby probation or public service deals.
Stop trying to make long isle use logic! That derails his agenda that everyone on LI that is not Latino is instantly a racist bigot!

Old 02-05-2014, 02:41 PM

5,301 posts, read 4,738,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
But where do the illegals come to?...NY State..gee, I wonder why they don't find another state...between Cuomo and DeBlasio they cant lose.
You think NY has a monopoly on illegal aliens?? They are everywhere. Texas, Arizona, California, Virginia, North Carolina has tons of them. Any state they can find work and housing you will find them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island