Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2014, 10:03 AM

4 posts, read 5,957 times

Advertisements

Hey, every one, help here!!!!!
O.K. Here is the story.....
My family recently bought a small house which is about 800 sqft. The house come with propane gas heater, but it is not working. It will cost about $1000 to fix the propane gas heater. And we also want remodel the entire house. So my family is thinking if they want to convert pure propane gas heater to propane gas water heater.
So my question is:
Which one is more efficiency? pure propane gas heater? or propane gas water heater?
Which one cost less per month for 800sqft? Can you give me an estimate amount for each heating system?
Thank you very much...(p.s. I've been argue with my family for 3 months every day by now.....really give me a headache, I'm dying for needing the statics from enough population to settle this thing down........and I've been sleep in cold for 3 months, really want to get heat down....but my family is not going to do anything until they get real figure that clearly tell them the cost & efficiency between that two heating system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 10:28 AM

4,676 posts, read 9,990,623 times
So you're actually speaking about forced hot air - heated via propane and forced hot water - again heated with propane.

If there is natural gas available.....switch to that.

If not...forced hot water will keep you more comfortable than forced hot air which has cool spots. And your electric bill would be less not having the fan running.

With such a small space, I'm thinking I'd entertain a tankless hot water system for both heat and domestic hot water.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:01 AM

4 posts, read 5,957 times
The thing is natural gas is not available, and oil tank is not an option, either... and electronic heating can't be done, either, I don't know why... But my family is just not going to do it.... So the only two option is one fix the propane gas heating unit, two is buy a boiler which is heated by propane gas to install water heater.. The installing fee will cost about $4000-$5000 dollars... So the propane gas water heater is definitely more efficient than propane gas air heater.... But what about cost per month? How much it will cost for air heater? And how much is water heater? If we set propane gas price as $4.26 including tax?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island