Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 07:48 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,953,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayo_michael View Post
I'll eat Domino's, but CiCi's is garbage. I used to live in FL.
The reviews are relative to what's available in the area, my friend. When there's nothing better, you'll see places like TGI and Chili's, and even CiCi's rise to the top of the reviews.

That's one thing I love about LI. The food here is way better than 90% of the other States. Sorry, Virginia.
That's the point I'm trying to make! I agree 1000000000% If your from L.I. or live there..how can you order pizzza from one of these chains when you have the best pizza on the planet!

I would move it up to 95% for overall food and 110% for pizza. I wish I could eat 10 slices for 4.99 or get one of these buy 1 med with 3 toppings and the next two pies for free deals but after growing up where I did, I can't get passed the first bite! I see now some can....good for them I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 08:10 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
When you have a bunch of kids sleeping over and they want midnight or 1 AM pizza, Dominoes is our go-to as it's the only place open. The kids are all happy as clams and no one has become ill or died from ingesting it. Win-win.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:15 AM

483 posts, read 670,481 times
Because chain pizzerias are gross. I will eat some chain food in a pinch and it is OK but the chain pizza never seems to quite measure up to real pizza.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:24 AM

1,101 posts, read 2,735,423 times
This thread has to be a joke. Who would go to a franchise place when we have independent (and good) pizzerias on just about every block? It reminds me of the people who flock to Olive Garden when we have so many good Italian restaurants out here.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:38 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longislander2 View Post
This thread has to be a joke. Who would go to a franchise place when we have independent (and good) pizzerias on just about every block? It reminds me of the people who flock to Olive Garden when we have so many good Italian restaurants out here.
How many of those establishments are open at 1 AM?

Old 03-21-2014, 12:16 PM

413 posts, read 598,944 times
My motto is "even bad pizza is good eatin'."

Old 03-21-2014, 12:23 PM

1,144 posts, read 2,990,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longislander2 View Post
Not many places around her deliver, or take CC, or have the options that chains offer either.

We love our local place, but
They don't deliver
they only take cash
Don't even try asking for half this with half that.

Oh, and they don't put any effort in their gluten free pies. Domino's wins hands down in that niche.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:00 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,057,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
How can you go to COLISSEO'S and then back to Papa John's after...just to save a few bucks I wish I could do that because there are 15 of these chains (fast food pizza as you guys call them) in my town alone. I just can't get pass the gag reflex and swallow that garbage.

If you guys love saving a few bucks on pizza...there's always CiCi's pizza down here( excellent reviews) ...a place you can eat all the pizza and their buffet offings for one super low price 4.99 in March. Me I rather go to prison then eat that *****.

Killer deal? Golden Corral runs a killer deal..for 7.99 I could eat unlimited anything including their famous porterhouse not exactly as good but close to Peter Luger's porterhouse steak ..... you guys know what I mean
How can you rip on someone looking to save money? Yes, pizzeria pizza is better than chain pizza, we get it, but why such the high and mighty attitude about it. Every dollar counts to a lot of people and to attack someone the way you did is really uncalled for. Snobby attitudes suck.

Old 03-22-2014, 06:32 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,953,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBitterness View Post
How can you rip on someone looking to save money? Yes, pizzeria pizza is better than chain pizza, we get it, but why such the high and mighty attitude about it. Every dollar counts to a lot of people and to attack someone the way you did is really uncalled for. Snobby attitudes suck.
Have you gone off your meds Bitter ? Save money? That garbage pie you buy at Papa or little Caesars, Dominoes, etc has a 78.5 FSI for a med pie ($8.75). The average local large pie($13-15) has a 180 FSI extra large $15-18) 254 FSI (*my prices do not include toppings).. In reality by circumference your paying more for chain, fast food pizza!

Anyone that knows anything about geometry... the diameter of a pizza increases, the area of the pizza increases as well, but doubling of diameter, quadruples area. Thus, a 16 inch pizza has four times the area of an 8 inch pizza.

Point is... there is no savings, unless you get the buy one get the next two free deal then you probably saved a buck or two!

Again, to me it's not worth sacrificing all that taste for nothing! A deal is not a deal if you can't eat the darn thing and again I speak solely for myself...I can't.... not even drunk and starving!

Like many times ones thinks their saving money buy buying something that looks like a bargain but really isn't..buyer beware of inferior products!

Ok, I could solve the cost issue but I don't have an answer for the 1 or 2am pizza craving.. I guess frozen or John's might be your only answer.

Mangiare una buona pizza

Old 03-22-2014, 07:41 AM

1,474 posts, read 3,057,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Have you gone off your meds Bitter ? Save money? That garbage pie you buy at Papa or little Caesars, Dominoes, etc has a 78.5 FSI for a med pie ($8.75). The average local large pie($13-15) has a 180 FSI extra large $15-18) 254 FSI (*my prices do not include toppings).. In reality by circumference your paying more for chain, fast food pizza!

Anyone that knows anything about geometry... the diameter of a pizza increases, the area of the pizza increases as well, but doubling of diameter, quadruples area. Thus, a 16 inch pizza has four times the area of an 8 inch pizza.

Point is... there is no savings, unless you get the buy one get the next two free deal then you probably saved a buck or two!

Again, to me it's not worth sacrificing all that taste for nothing! A deal is not a deal if you can't eat the darn thing and again I speak solely for myself...I can't.... not even drunk and starving!

Like many times ones thinks their saving money buy buying something that looks like a bargain but really isn't..buyer beware of inferior products!

Ok, I could solve the cost issue but I don't have an answer for the 1 or 2am pizza craving.. I guess frozen or John's might be your only answer.

Mangiare una buona pizza

Some people may not need the size of the pizza you describe and need to save the money. For you to criticize anyone for trying to save money is despicable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island