Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 06:07 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,962,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
This would be very romantic. The bay isn't too far...neither are some great restaurants.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7046...lr4A!2e0?hl=en
Yep, right next to the scenic trailer park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 08:37 PM

791 posts, read 1,623,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyLI View Post
Long Beach Allegria Hotel.
Second this - the hotel is really nice looking with a cool roof deck, and you're right on the Atlantic.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:09 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,402,582 times
Quote:
How DARE you call that fine establishment a dump.

And how would you know? spend any time there?
I agree, that would be perfect. Near many major highways and roads in case the proposal does not go in your favor and you need to split. Why drive all the way to Montauk or somewhere out east and spend all that money if she/he ends up saying no? Now you got a long, miserable trip back home.

Take 30to66at55's advice and book a room in that boutique hotel before they are unavailable. Spend your money on the honeymoon.

By the way, you won't hear waves crashing but maybe a chair, piece of furniture or a car or two.

Good luck OP.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:47 AM

480 posts, read 669,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
I agree, that would be perfect. Near many major highways and roads in case the proposal does not go in your favor and you need to split. Why drive all the way to Montauk or somewhere out east and spend all that money if she/he ends up saying no? Now you got a long, miserable trip back home.

Take 30to66at55's advice and book a room in that boutique hotel before they are unavailable. Spend your money on the honeymoon.

By the way, you won't hear waves crashing but maybe a chair, piece of furniture or a car or two.

Good luck OP.
My girlfriend and I talked about proposals and she doesn't know exactly what I'm going to do but she's wanted me to marry her for quite some time. She said that she loved me the moment that she met me and seven years later here we are. I'm going to pick a place in Montauk. I understand the tongue in cheek humor about that place on 110. I have passed by that dump before. I'm talking about a place with a beach and ocean view and I see that there are many alongside the south shore in Montauk.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:06 AM

715 posts, read 1,234,181 times
Have you checked TripAdvisor? They have some pretty honest reviews on there and pictures. Sorry, I'm not much help, since I never stayed out in Montauk, but I've used TripAdvisor before.

Montauk Hotels: Compare 37 Hotels in Montauk with 3,371 Reviews | TripAdvisor

Old 04-11-2014, 06:12 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,159,566 times
Lol. I look at that dump everytime I pass it. I think...how in the hell does that place stay in business. I guess it gets alot of hourly guests.

Quote:
This would be very romantic. The bay isn't too far...neither are some great restaurants.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7046...lr4A!2e0?hl=en
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island