Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for?
Andrew Cuomo (D) 17 28.33%
Rob Astorino (R) 41 68.33%
Other/none of the above (please name below) 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 09:04 PM

239 posts, read 413,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
And our teats are drying out!
Well, remember, the Upstate area has the farmland, and help feed many counties. Many dairy farmers Upstate provide meat and dairy for NYC. Resivours in the lower Hudson replenish NYC drinking water.

Come on, give some loving thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 03:09 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagafrika View Post
But outside of New York, Cuomo sounds great to so many. He's a Populist.

I read news outside of LI/NY/Jersey, just because, and Cuomo, like Christie, is really popular. You can also read responses across states on this site.

Some others already have Mrs. Clinton in the White House.

You can read the threads here.

You have to realize that politics are not NY centric, they cover, as it wise, to go after a broad appeal.

For example, Portland, Oregon has heard nothing about Cuomo, but likes Christie.

I like both Cuomo and Christie. Then again, I like a straight shooter.
Actually for what it's worth Cuomo is widely seen as being too "moderate" in an increasingly further and further to the left Democratic Party.

Sure he did the SAFE Act and other "progressive" acts but he has also infuriated the unions and other special interests groups that make up the base of the party with his cost cutting and tax cuts.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:36 PM

239 posts, read 413,880 times
New York is finally instituting "Six Sigma,"

Sigma3 didn't work. Now we have to try for 99.9%. Six Sigma.

Translates to: do all you do, but do it effectively in the least amount of time.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:30 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
Great turnout at the anti-Cuomo rally last night

Most protestors seemed to be there mainly about Common Core but there was also a very large contingent present to protest the SAFE Act.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:48 PM

413 posts, read 599,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Great turnout at the anti-Cuomo rally last night

Most protestors seemed to be there mainly about Common Core but there was also a very large contingent present to protest the SAFE Act.

Kind of funny. By "protestors" you mean teacher's unions. They rail against CC since evaluations were linked to the tests, but the FEDERAL MONEY allowing budgets to pass is directly linked to adopting CC. Wonder how they can lay anything at Cuomo's feet. Kill CC? Sure. And give back the State and Federal aid that is keeping the teacher-salary-pension Ponzi scheme afloat.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:42 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
The largest issue to date with Cuomo was his appointment of the Moreland commission and his sudden disbanding, his reasoning - because I can. Ethics, full disclosure of our representatives is first and foremost. Much fanfare about his commission but they were shutdown before they completed their task. No changes to the ethics laws and all the subpoenas to the legislators were withdrawn.

I guess our best bet for reform is the Eastern Region US District Attorney's Office, they seem more concerned than Cuomo or the legislature

Old 05-29-2014, 01:41 PM

163 posts, read 246,097 times
I'll probably vote for Astorino as a protest vote regardless. Despite the fact he's seen as a moderate, I get this funny feeling that Cuomo's going to have a liberal epiphany after the election and join his buddy DeBlasio in promoting a more progressive government spending explosion that's only going to put us all further and further into debt.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:47 PM

1,312 posts, read 1,665,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Who will get your vote?
Not Cuomo. His lack of leadership during Sandy was frightening.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:04 AM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,383 times
I've worked over 12 years helping people. I was made an overnight felon by Cuomo. You think I could vote for that trash? This coming from someone who has voted in the past for Democrats.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:32 AM

556 posts, read 622,869 times
Don't forget his stellar record as HUD director!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island