Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 12:53 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,233,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC here I come View Post
2013 Crimes OTHER than DWI for Nassau County

14,283 total crimes in which...

1394 "violent crimes" that include ...12 murders, 43 rapes, 706 robbery, 633 aggravated assault

12,889 "property crimes" that include ...1737 burglary, 10,558 larceny, 594 motor vehicle theft.

Not saying this is a lot, just pointing out that a lot of crime happens that we don't even know about.
Hmph, I was looking for crime stats yesterday and couldn't find them. Only found a link stating crime is down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 01:31 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Hmph, I was looking for crime stats yesterday and couldn't find them. Only found a link stating crime is down.
He made those numbers up.

But don't worry ... hotkarl is already the number one undisputed champion of the world authority on exactly how much crime takes place in Nassau. Just go with hotkarl's opinion.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:36 PM

483 posts, read 670,386 times
Nassau's crime RATE is very low, that is what matters. A town with 10 murders out of a million people is safer than a town with 1 murder and a thousand residents. You can't go by numbers, that is inaccurate, and quite often deliberately used to mislead.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:45 PM

538 posts, read 1,007,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grilba View Post
Nassau's crime RATE is very low, that is what matters. A town with 10 murders out of a million people is safer than a town with 1 murder and a thousand residents. You can't go by numbers, that is inaccurate, and quite often deliberately used to mislead.
Yep.... I agree. Our Police force does a great job. Oh, and the population is inching closer to 1.4 million.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
You're correct......crime is down 4.6 since the previous year.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:07 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,233,514 times
Quote:
You're correct......crime is down 4.6 since the previous year.
Thanks for that link...was driving me nuts yesterday. Only stats I could find were from Newday but I was looking for the actual state link.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:11 PM

You're welcome.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Who the heck do you think you are?????? You're so condescending to people on here who might have a different view than you. These stats are from NY State Crime, Activity & Firearms report.

I suggest you do some research before you go shoot your loud mouth off about things, and stop making accusations about people.

Here's a accusation now...I notice you were absent from this place for 3 weeks. Were you in jail?????

Unreal...

BTW, here's the link to the stats. It list all the counties in the state of NY. Nassau is halfway down in the report. Have a nice day you miserable person.

http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/cr.../greenbook.pdf
I was kidding around! I suggest you get a sense of humor! Speaking of miserable people, what's wrong with you to be so touchy? I didn't even make fun of South Carolina!

As for your accusation ... hmm ... are you psychic or did you miss me so much you sent out a private detective to look for me? Yes, I was cooling my heels in Constance Le Prince Maurice Prison and barely escaped spending the rest of my life sweltering in that unbelievable hellhole thanks to a great attorney. Sorry I couldn't give you a "shout out," but the jailers strictly supervised my long days and nights there. It sure was great to get home! You don't know how good you've got it in the USA until you experience an ordeal like that!

Old 06-18-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grilba View Post
Quote:
Yep.... I agree. Our Police force does a great job. Oh, and the population is inching closer to 1.4 million.
Sooooo ... you AGREE with grilba that your post, which only contained numbers, was useless.

PS: Since you have trouble distinguishing when someone is kidding around, I want to specify that I am NOT kidding around and you may resume having a miserable attitude if you care to respond to this post.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:20 PM

20,045 posts, read 20,844,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
He made those numbers up.

But don't worry ... hotkarl is already the number one undisputed champion of the world authority on exactly how much crime takes place in Nassau. Just go with hotkarl's opinion.
At least someone here is thinking sensibly.
sheesh...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island