Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 02:36 PM

122 posts, read 266,877 times

Advertisements

The LIRR is fastest way but parking is an issue. I drive to the Mineola station since its a major hub and has more frequent trains but you have to add $5 or $6 a day unless you are lucky enough to get dropped off.

Another option that works well for me in the Summer is to drive into Queens find parking and catch the express bus into the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 09:24 AM

94 posts, read 131,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny16 View Post
Thanks for all your suggestions. Yes, we will be in Pilgrim Estates in North NHP. I can walk to Hillside Ave and Garden Ct in 10-15 min and catch the N22. I don't mind waking up early and walking to the bus. Only problem is that if the bus service is spotty, I'm in trouble.

My husband is not one to take the bus. So, since we both work in the city, if he's driving in, I might as well join him. On the days that he is not going to work (vacation, sick time), I will have to take the bus. That's why I wanted to be prepared for the N22.

As far as driving to the E/F and parking on the street, I'm wary of parking on Hillside Ave near the F train (179th St), given the sketchy neighborhood. We were thinking of driving to Kew Gardens/Forest Hills and looking for street parking or paying per day. Any tips on parking in Kew Gardens and Forest Hills?

Much appreciate all the helpful tips.
Sometimes 169th and 179th St might be not best spot to get on n22/n24 if rush hour. Because I remember one time n22/24 bus stop at Hillside Av/170th St had long line strecht around the corner, so going to 165th St Bus Terminal would be recommended.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:44 AM

1 posts, read 643 times
Can i take my bicycle with me on n22 bus from new hyde park to jamaica 171st
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island