Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 11:16 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,406,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I'm really annoyed that DeBlasio is taking a 10-day trip to Italy. He should be at the meetings trying to figure this all out. Why does it seem no politican seems to care enough to step in?
Its not their job. Not sure why everyone thinks the government should get involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 11:20 AM

7,928 posts, read 9,150,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Its not their job. Not sure why everyone thinks the government should get involved.
Not his job to get involved in the Cablevision labor dispute.....but he did.

De Blasio at secret union meet in Cablevision war | New York Post

Old 07-15-2014, 11:20 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,373,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Cuomo is the one who appoints a the MTA leaders. He should absolutely be involved b/c he obv didnt hire very good people. He wont help b/c he said "the LIRR Strike will not he be disatrous" yeah right!!!

Old 07-15-2014, 11:32 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times
Quote:
I'm really annoyed that DeBlasio is taking a 10-day trip to Italy. He should be at the meetings trying to figure this all out. Why does it seem no politican seems to care enough to step in?
LIRR strike won't affect his city , so why would he care. LI politicians should be the ones screaming at the top of their lungs....

Old 07-15-2014, 11:37 AM

8,689 posts, read 11,076,893 times
Quote:
why should DeBlasio care about LIRR or LIers? All he should be concerned with is NYC related issues.

Its all typical finger pointing among the politicians and the unions.

I personally believe union members don't want to strike. What is forgotten is that employees of LIRR are the unions and also they represent their employers...the MTA. If the employees don't want to strike, everyone should gang up on the union president/representative. Its tiresome when an MTA employee tells me in my face....oh complain to management.....oh please....YOU represent the company you work for!

Old 07-15-2014, 11:49 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,373,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
why should DeBlasio care about LIRR or LIers? All he should be concerned with is NYC related issues.

Its all typical finger pointing among the politicians and the unions.

I personally believe union members don't want to strike. What is forgotten is that employees of LIRR are the unions and also they represent their employers...the MTA. If the employees don't want to strike, everyone should gang up on the union president/representative. Its tiresome when an MTA employee tells me in my face....oh complain to management.....oh please....YOU represent the company you work for!
Everyone is affected by it - not just the riders. Businesses will suffer, esp the ones in Penn. DeBlasio prob even has staffers from LI. To say it doesnt affect NYC is ludacrous, of course it affects NYC.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:55 AM

703 posts, read 1,173,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
You need reliable transportation to keep jobs in NYC.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:56 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,065,005 times
And it certainly will affect his constituents in eastern queens when Long Islanders begin pouring into the A/E/F and 7 lines and when the LIE parking lot is filled by 4am when it crosses the queens border.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:59 AM

703 posts, read 1,173,816 times
And the bridges and tunnels are going to be clogged up too; gridlock in manhattan

Old 07-15-2014, 12:02 PM

8,689 posts, read 11,076,893 times
^^all excellent points. I noticed on the NYC subforum here....no thread on this subject...I assume no one cares.....for now

.....eh..nyc is always a parking lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island