Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 12:35 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,057,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekat123 View Post
Am I wasting my time even answering questions? This forum is a complete joke sometimes.

I agree, unfortunately you can't ask a question without certain people either playing a race card, or attacking homosexuals on this forum (There are 3 here that do it often) and I am sick of it. It makes Long Islanders look like bigots and someone needs to stand up to them when they spew their hatred. The amazing thing is they say it in a backhanded way and when confronted aren't even decent enough to admit it, they just attack back. I say what I believe and own up to it. These people take their digs and then backtrack. One just admitted as such, using the TOS as a means of not answering the questions directly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 01:41 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,065 times
I hate opinions that deviate from mine too.

Old 09-09-2014, 01:48 PM

715 posts, read 1,234,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekat123 View Post
Am I wasting my time even answering questions? This forum is a complete joke sometimes.
I feel the same way sometimes. I do think that it is helpful for those that do stave through the name calling to actually answer the question. Gives hope to me that people don't always have to attack each other.

Old 09-09-2014, 02:09 PM

56 posts, read 89,071 times
They can go to Newsday.com and comment on there about all the useless name calling and bigotry. Im new to this board and have a lot of good info to offer about LI (been here my whole life and LOVE it) but it gets real old real quick to have people who hijack threads for their own agenda.
Really? Makes me think they are kids. LOL

Old 09-09-2014, 02:15 PM

87 posts, read 90,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
Hi. What is the most family friendly area on Fire Island for a two week vacation rental?

Thanks in advance.
I would suggest either Davis Park or Atlantique, both places have been big hits with my nieces and nephews. However, I've been to every community on Fire Island and they are all fine for families, even Cherry Grove or the Pines have families and children on the beach, contrary to what the idiots on this board say.

Old 09-09-2014, 02:18 PM

572 posts, read 1,684,460 times
I was going to respond to this thread as someone who grew up on Long Island and spent many a summer on Fire Island, however, the rampant disgusting homophobia is reminding me of why I left in the first place.

To answer the OP: Cherry Grove and Fire Island Pines are the known gay areas of Fire Island. They have become more and more family friendly over the years, but yes, there is still known debauchery that occurs there. If the LGBT scene (and drag queens, and etc) are not things that you feel suitable to small children, then perhaps communities such as Ocean Beach, Ocean Bay Park, or Sailors Haven may be more to your liking.

Good day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: