Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 07:13 AM

3,288 posts, read 2,359,123 times

Advertisements

I work 30 miles from home out in Suffolk. I drive home via Old Nichols Rd south to LIE. The other day, I was driving at the speed limit. I am not messing around anymore going any faster than the limit, especially in school zones. As I was driving. I could see the cars lining up behind me. I reduced my speed to 20 or 25 through the school zones and 30to 40 in the other zones. There is only one lane. I never realized before how many people,cannot stand going the limit but he'll I am not speeding up to make them happy unless they are going to pay my ticket and insurance increase for the next three years. So, I start hearing some idiot beeping his horn about 3 cars back. Finally, the moron pulls up next to me in the right turning lane at a red light. The light turns greena dn this Moderator cut: language removed idiot just turns his car right into mine aiming at the passenger side of my car. There is no question that if I didn't move, he would have hit me. He pushed me into the oncoming lane and rode along side of me. What a friggin jackass. What the hell is wrong with people?

And no, I am not one of those people who go 55 in the left lane on the LIE. I actually get out of the lane if I see anyone approaching me at any speed in that situation. This person was clearly using his vehicle as a deadly weapon. I am not changing my behavior. I am going to go the limit on these side roads every day. Now I have 3 Go Pro cameras and will record these idiots so I have proof of what they are doing.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 09-21-2014 at 12:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 07:49 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,134 times
I hear you. Going to get those cameras too

We need to keep up the pressure on these reckless drivers

Old 09-21-2014, 08:44 AM

1,162 posts, read 1,411,225 times
We all sometimes exceed the speed limit as conditions warrant. Of course occasionally we get stuck in a line going slower than we wish but most of us tolerate it. The "I have a camera" comment explains who else falls into the "idiot" category.

Old 09-21-2014, 09:10 AM

622 posts, read 853,114 times
Research shows going with the 'flow of traffic' is the safest way to drive. Unfortunately, LI seems to have cornered the market on bat guano crazy drivers like the one you had a brush with.

I've driven in a number of states and cities lately, I can tell you while there are some awful, crazy and inept drivers out there (I95 in Connecticut comes to mind), no place can hold a candle to LI in terms of hostile, even violent, menacing drivers. Some days I feel like I'm riding with Mad Max.

Old 09-21-2014, 10:06 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,953,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I work 30 miles from home out in Suffolk. I drive home via Old Nichols Rd south to LIE. The other day, I was driving at the speed limit. I am not messing around anymore going any faster than the limit, especially in school zones. As I was driving. I could see the cars lining up behind me. I reduced my speed to 20 or 25 through the school zones and 30to 40 in the other zones. There is only one lane. I never realized before how many people,cannot stand going the limit but he'll I am not speeding up to make them happy unless they are going to pay my ticket and insurance increase for the next three years. So, I start hearing some idiot beeping his horn about 3 cars back. Finally, the moron pulls up next to me in the right turning lane at a red light. The light turns greena dn this F ing idiot just turns his car right into mine aiming at the passenger side of my car. There is no question that if I didn't move, he would have hit me. He pushed me into the oncoming lane and rode along side of me. What a friggin jackass. What the hell is wrong with people?

And no, I am not one of those people who go 55 in the left lane on the LIE. I actually get out of the lane if I see anyone approaching me at any speed in that situation. This person was clearly using his vehicle as a deadly weapon. I am not changing my behavior. I am going to go the limit on these side roads every day. Now I have 3 Go Pro cameras and will record these idiots so I have proof of what they are doing.
You seem to have problems with everyone First the Police now civilians...maybe it's time to look in the mirror...just sayin'

Old 09-21-2014, 10:28 AM

755 posts, read 1,080,411 times
If cars are piling up behind you. Pull over and let us go.

Old 09-21-2014, 10:34 AM

1,474 posts, read 3,057,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
You seem to have problems with everyone First the Police now civilians...maybe it's time to look in the mirror...just sayin'
Yep, a real winner. Sad when someone leads their life acting like everyone is victimizing them instead of taking a step back and seeing what they may be doing wrong. Another "I'm right and everyone else is wrong" person who admits to having no problem beating their kid up(his words) if they act out but heaven forbid if he's put to the task.

Old 09-21-2014, 02:32 PM
s13

797 posts, read 1,280,440 times
Quote:
And no, I am not one of those people who go 55 in the left lane on the LIE. I actually get out of the lane if I see anyone approaching me at any speed in that situation.
Driving as slow as you apparently do, you should never be in the left lane of any road... ever.

Also, Old Nichols and the like are not "side roads." If you're only driving the speed limit on them, you're going too slow. Speed up or let people pass.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:51 PM

18 posts, read 26,735 times
Quote:
I work 30 miles from home out in Suffolk. I drive home via Old Nichols Rd south to LIE. The other day, I was driving at the speed limit. I am not messing around anymore going any faster than the limit, especially in school zones. As I was driving. I could see the cars lining up behind me. I reduced my speed to 20 or 25 through the school zones and 30to 40 in the other zones. There is only one lane. I never realized before how many people,cannot stand going the limit but he'll I am not speeding up to make them happy unless they are going to pay my ticket and insurance increase for the next three years. So, I start hearing some idiot beeping his horn about 3 cars back. Finally, the moron pulls up next to me in the right turning lane at a red light. The light turns greena dn this Moderator cut: language removed idiot just turns his car right into mine aiming at the passenger side of my car. There is no question that if I didn't move, he would have hit me. He pushed me into the oncoming lane and rode along side of me. What a friggin jackass. What the hell is wrong with people?

I'm the guy who tried to run you off the road. You were driving 14 mph and you were using your smart phone to post your nonsense here while doing so.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:42 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 View Post
Driving as slow as you apparently do, you should never be in the left lane of any road... ever.

Also, Old Nichols and the like are not "side roads." If you're only driving the speed limit on them, you're going too slow. Speed up or let people pass.
Unless you are an ambulance or a police car heading to an emergency, you arent important enough for me to pull over.

Enjoy the view of my bumper and we can both drive at a safe speed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island