Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 10:21 AM

1,778 posts, read 1,797,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
and rather than confront the guy, you were man enough to stealthily take his photos, post them on the internet and pi$$ and moan on a message board to a group of people you don't know and will never meet. Solid.
Why U mad? He could have a gun, knife or whatever. Confrontation is the job of the police. That's what we pay them $100,000+ to take care of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 11:23 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,402,582 times
Quote:
and rather than confront the guy, you were man enough to stealthily take his photos, post them on the internet and pi$$ and moan on a message board to a group of people you don't know and will never meet. Solid.
Yeah OK tough guy. Have you been to Westbury recently? There are a lot of illegals and gang members living there. I remember it being bad over 5 years ago when I had friends living off of Post Ave. Its only gotten worse. Unless this was happening on my block or somewhere on my property I would not go anywhere near this guy. And as manekeniko said what if he had a knife or a gun?

Anyways, I feel for the OP. Westbury has been going through a downwards spiral in the past few decades. Unfortunately the town and the county have done little to nothing about these issue. When all is lost who do you turn to?

Old 10-06-2014, 11:34 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,225,137 times
Jesus, what a bunch of sissies.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:51 AM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
There has to be some sort of ordinance for an uncontrolled garbage burn in a parking lot. Do you know who owns that parking lot or adjoining properties? Perhaps they might like to know that the Village and NCPD aren't taking their jobs seriously, and that their property is at risk.
The lot is owned by the Village. As for the homes, most are illegal rentals, alot of illegals live on Scally Place.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Yeah OK tough guy. Have you been to Westbury recently? There are a lot of illegals and gang members living there. I remember it being bad over 5 years ago when I had friends living off of Post Ave. Its only gotten worse. Unless this was happening on my block or somewhere on my property I would not go anywhere near this guy. And as manekeniko said what if he had a knife or a gun?

Anyways, I feel for the OP. Westbury has been going through a downwards spiral in the past few decades. Unfortunately the town and the county have done little to nothing about these issue. When all is lost who do you turn to?
Thats why I must move out, I just give up on this town. I plan on moving out next year. One way or another, I am leaving!

Old 10-06-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
What else am I supposed to do? I called 911, that's more than anyone else at the station did. I'm not going to confront these guys, they are most likely illegal aliens, maybe gang members, with nothing to lose.
As for posting the stuff here, why keep quiet? My town is being turned into a 3rd world country, why should I be quiet? How would you feel if the town you've been living in for 15 years gets turned into a 3rd world country?
The only option left is to move. Thats what everyone else is doing. The Mayor & the Village Board pander to these illegals. And because of that Westbury will only get worse. I post in part to warn others not to move here. Despite the hype, there is no revitalization. A new theater and a lounge a revitalization does not make.
You try living here and see the stuff I deal with everyday. Easy for someone in Woodbury to tell someone in Westbury to deal with illegals, its what the politicians, the media, and all the other panderers do...and I am tired of it!

Old 10-06-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
As an aside, while I am not suggesting sweeping things under the rug, don't you think this public complaining and posting will hurt the potential sale of your home? I get you are venting but I wonder if it won't ultimately not come back to bite you. While the readership of CD may not be that expansive even one potential buyer can hurt.

My approach would be to compile a folder of all your complaints and take them to your local officials particularly ones that are up for reelection. I did this several years ago in the TNH with the code enforcement dept and I succeeded more often than not. When I moved I called the contact I had to say goodbye and thank you. He actually thanked me and said I had such legitimate concerns time and again that if I called a problem in they knew it was not a nuisance and would get on it ASAP. I will say I did initially have to make a PITA of myself but I had every I dotted and T crossed before I went to them.

Understand if I were a buyer I would appreciate the knowledge but..... I liken it to prettying up your home for sale, you know what the flaws are but try to accentuate the positives.
I rent, and do not own a home. I have compiled my complaints and taken them to Village elected officials. The responses I get are "we're not Immigration", "its a police issue", or that I'm being "racist".
This is a Sanctuary City. It's actually on the list of Sanctuary Cities.

Sanctuary city, sanctuary, sanctuary cities, sanctuary city list, list of sanctuary cities, list, Ohio, jobs, OJJPAC, justice, illegal alien, immigration, amnesty, undocumented, ICE, NYC, IIRIRA, Huston, Chicago, Phoenix, Steve Salvi

I've got to move. It's not entirely up to me for reasons I'm not going to get into here, but if it was I'd have been out several years ago. But things are really reaching a tipping point now. I will get out, come hell or high water.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:13 PM

1,778 posts, read 1,797,124 times
Quote:
Jesus, what a bunch of sissies.
Down yonder in your humid, gator-ridden swamps of "Stand Your Ground" Florida, I would indeed be a sissy. On Lawnguyland, we cappuccino sipping suburban softies prefer to leave confrontations with possibly dangerous strangers to trained and armed personnel.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:53 PM

56 posts, read 89,071 times
I feel terrible for you. I used to live in Westbury (rented an apartment in a house, it was lovely) and just actually was there last night visiting friends. In the last 12 years since we left, it looks very different from when we lived there. I used to walk to the RR in the am alone and never thought twice about it. Now, no way. Not at any time, light or dark. There are way too many people hanging around ....with nothing to do. Its a very very sad situation for the people who have lived there all their lives, to see what has happened. No one seems to care either.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:57 PM

258 posts, read 456,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
I rent, and do not own a home. I have compiled my complaints and taken them to Village elected officials. The responses I get are "we're not Immigration", "its a police issue", or that I'm being "racist".
This is a Sanctuary City. It's actually on the list of Sanctuary Cities.

Sanctuary city, sanctuary, sanctuary cities, sanctuary city list, list of sanctuary cities, list, Ohio, jobs, OJJPAC, justice, illegal alien, immigration, amnesty, undocumented, ICE, NYC, IIRIRA, Huston, Chicago, Phoenix, Steve Salvi

I've got to move. It's not entirely up to me for reasons I'm not going to get into here, but if it was I'd have been out several years ago. But things are really reaching a tipping point now. I will get out, come hell or high water.
Sheesh, why is every town listed on there on Long Island minus Albany (yes I'm counting NYC)? What did we do to earn such a great prize?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island