Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 02:56 PM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,723,022 times

Advertisements

Snippet from Newsday:

Quote:
A Farmingdale woman opened her front door Friday night expecting trick-or-treaters but was instead confronted by a gang of armed intruders that robbed the home, pistol-whipped her husband and tied up the family, all with the couple's 2-year-old son in the home, Nassau County police said.

The violent home invasion began, police said, when the 34-year-old woman opened the door of her Beach Street home at 8:45 p.m. and was confronted by three masked suspects who forced their way into the home. Two of the intruders were armed with handguns, detectives said.
More here: Cops: Parents bound, dad pistol-whipped in Farmingdale home invasion - Newsday

All I can say is wow...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 02:58 PM
IHM

11 posts, read 20,141 times
Scary stuff.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:59 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
I'm sorry Halloween is over

Old 11-01-2014, 05:31 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,765,488 times
Lot of speculation in the ND comments section that this house was targeted for some reason as it seems like it was planned not random, plus it would be a massive risk to attempt a robbery at 830 pm in an occupied home to steal the usual burglary stuff. Who knows.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:48 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,386,421 times
I sit outside of my home to greet trick or treaters so I'm aware of who's trying to approach. It's a shame criminals have to do this kind of stuff to people and to do it on Halloween will make it harder to justify trick or treating and it's really taking enjoyment away from the kids, a bunch of hoodlums has to ruin something the kids enjoy doing.

Knock on wood but we don't hear much about this kind of stuff in our neck of the woods. Most folks in our little town know everybody and the majority of us are licensed gun owners plus we have a mix of professions including a couple sheriff deputies and a state trooper so like I said we don't get messed with to much, thank the lord.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:30 AM

4,194 posts, read 4,075,994 times
After about 7 pm I would be wary of "trick or treaters", as they are probably older kids. At 8:45 pm I would be very careful about opening my door and at the least I would make sure they are not a bunch of adults.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:06 PM
s13

797 posts, read 1,279,696 times
Rumor has it the people are the owners of All American, who recently switched their french fry supplier, and the robbers are affiliated with Ready-Cut.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:55 PM

321 posts, read 595,541 times
There is no such thing as a random home invasion.

The risks are too great and a typical house won't have anything worth all the risk...

The owner is either legit and runs a business with cash or valuables... or the owner is doing something illegal. I have no idea which and I'm not suggesting the victim's are at fault.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:10 PM

519 posts, read 597,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMalo View Post

The risks are too great and a typical house won't have anything worth all the risk...

The owner is either legit and runs a business with cash or valuables... or the owner is doing something illegal. I have no idea which and I'm not suggesting the victim's are at fault.
It looks this one could be random. It's right off the parkway....within seconds they are back on the bethpage and then in minutes of the getaway they could be either heading to suffolk or queens on the southern state. No chance you're catching them at that point.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:30 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,765,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMalo View Post

Agreed. They were taking a massive risk if it was random, and why (could run into panic alarms, dogs, armed residents, residents who fight back etc) when There are tons of unoccupied houses to burglarize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island