Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 08:34 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times

Advertisements

Wasn't there a similar post the other week where a poster rented and illegal apartment and was given proper notice to vacate by the new owner? The grammer style seems similar..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 09:18 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,962,988 times
You lost me at "hi all"

Old 11-05-2014, 01:48 PM

9 posts, read 6,719 times
Thanks for your time. He is a creep.

Old 11-05-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByWayofCanarsie View Post
Please use paragraph breaks.
I apologized for my English. I'm going thru a bad time right now not that you care. So please if you can't understand me just go to the next post. If I can't get an idea here of what I can do I'll keep asking elsewhere without paragraph breaks periods comas. Thank you for your time. No longer

Old 11-05-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
You are correct. The landlord is a dirt bag. However, that does not help your situation because you still need to move. I suggest writing a note and telling him the only way you are willing to pay is via check. I would detail your attempts to pay stating in the letter that you left him the check on the chair. He will not accept a check and you will need to move. That said he will also not have your rent $$ unless he accepts your check. That should give you some additional cash for now. BUT, you have to move. If I were you I would just get out and not worry about teaching him a lesson or helping anyone else down the road. You can do that after you have a place to live that works for you and you family.

Thank you for your time and patience. At least someone understood me. After I apologized for my English I still got ppl here questioning my English or give stupid remarks I don't know who made me feel worst my landlord or ppl here. My plan is to get out, then get him. He inconvenient me in every way for no given reason. I have 3 jobs, I'm hardly there. It's why I'm so puzzled. Thanks again

Old 11-05-2014, 02:23 PM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Doesn't sound like a non-native English speaker wrote this (abbreviations like "apt." and "16 yr old" would not be used by a non-English language native whose concept of language is so poor it needs to be apologized for). Not using paragraphs and other grammatical niceties has nothing to do with grasp of any language, so use the paragraphs or forget about getting an answer.

Old 11-05-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Wasn't there a similar post the other week where a poster rented and illegal apartment and was given proper notice to vacate by the new owner? The grammer style seems similar..
Maybe there was, I don't know. But what does that have to do with me??

Old 11-05-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Doesn't sound like a non-native English speaker wrote this (abbreviations like "apt." and "16 yr old" would not be used by a non-English language native whose concept of language is so poor it needs to be apologized for). Not using paragraphs and other grammatical niceties has nothing to do with grasp of any language, so use the paragraphs or forget about getting an answer.
Uhm I did apologized. So being that I apologized was their a need for what you said. Who cares where I'm from?? I put out there my problem if you understood and would like to advice me thank you. If you not then don't say anything. Criticising my grammar is no help. This forum is no better than my landlord. So in other words I should let people violate my rights because my grammar is poor..?? Thank you so much for your kind words

Old 11-05-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody516 View Post
It's an illegal apartment. He has no recourse....Leave and let him take you to court to get his money (which he won't). He sounds like a creep!

Yes he is a creep. Thanks for your time and patience.

Old 11-05-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 View Post
If you think anyone here's reading that wall of text, you're on some powerful drugs.

Start over, trim your post down by like 75%, use line breaks, and maybe we can get somewhere. HTH
Powerful drugs...?? Wow....I came here trying to find a answer to my problem and all I got back was more negativity. I apologized for my grammar. I don't know who's worst my landlord or you guys. This is how you guys help a person..?? It doesn't matter how bad a person's grammar is. If someone came to me with a problem and I can't understand one I'd feel horrible because I can't understand second I'd tried to help the best way I can. Not sit there and criticise him/she. And let that person walk away worst then when he/she first came to me. Maybe I'm just to nice. Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island